FAFSA form w/o acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr2BSoon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an urgent letter from a school I recently interviewed but have not been accepted at yet that said that I needed to fill out my FAFSA asap. Has anybody else gotten a letter such as this, and why did they send this if I have yet to be accepted? Is this a good sign or does it mean anything?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah if they are asking you to fill out your fafsa i'd say that's a good sign

I would fill out the FAFSA. Make sure you have all your information sent to all the schools you have sent your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr2BSoon said:
I just got an urgent letter from a school I recently interviewed but have not been accepted at yet that said that I needed to fill out my FAFSA asap. Has anybody else gotten a letter such as this, and why did they send this if I have yet to be accepted? Is this a good sign or does it mean anything?

i don't think it means anything i got the same thing from Nova, even though i haven't had an interview or anything yet, and it's getting pretty late so i doubt that they wil call me for an interview at this point in the cycle. maybe yours is different...

It means nothing. It's a good idea to fill out the FAFSA whether or not you're accepted for schools since their federal funding is generally finalized sometime in late febuary or march. It's in no ways associated with acceptance, they just encourage students to fill it out.

Me, i waited till i got accepted and filled it out in june or so and still got my loan check fine.