Fafsa, parents' criminal record

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bigbutrealdreams

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will it harm me to put my parents' information into FAFSA, if they have a criminal history? Or should I only include my own info?

I should note that I was never employed and never took out loans before. My parents are unemployed and receive disability payments.


Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Grad school treats all people as independent, your parents don’t matter
 
Grad school treats all people as independent, your parents don’t matter
I see. Should I still list them of Fafsa? My thought process is that being from a low income family might help me with loans somehow.... Idk though 🙂
Thanks!
 
Put your parents on there. Fafsa isn’t running background checks, and you may get a health professional loan that is subsidized. If you’re looking to take out grad plus loans your credit score matters, j believe, and some people may need a co-signer with a better score.
 
Put your parents on there. Fafsa isn’t running background checks, and you may get a health professional loan that is subsidized. If you’re looking to take out grad plus loans your credit score matters, j believe, and some people may need a co-signer with a better score.
Do you know what score is good enough for me not to nees a cosigner? Mine is 850 this year