FAFSA Question about Postbac Programs

Started by presdance
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

presdance

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

On the FAFSA there's a question about what type of program you will be in during academic year 2009/2010. The question was called "Type of Degree/Certificate". I wasn't sure which option to pick. I selected "Certificate/Diploma for Less than 2 yr Program". Does anyone know if that's the right option for a postbac program?

THanks.
 
Well, do you mean informal post bac or just a certification, which would be what you chose? I did a SMP so the choice was simple (graduate degree). If you could tell us the program, we could help.
 
For a formal post-bacc program (Not SMP) you made the right choice. To be absolutely sure, however, contact the program you will be attending.