FAFSA Question!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PandaEnthusiast

UF CVM class of 2023!!
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heyy so I started filling out the FAFSA and they have a limit of 10 schools you can add.... well, I applied to 15 veterinary schools....

Is there any way to list more than 10 on the FAFSA? Or what if I get accepted into a school that is not listed on my FAFSA?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think you can exceed the 10 school limit but you might be able to go back and add a school after you delete one. Why not just wait until you decide where you’re going to fill out your fafsa? March / April is still plenty of time.

I don’t think you can exceed the 10 school limit but you might be able to go back and add a school after you delete one. Why not just wait until you decide where you’re going to fill out your fafsa? March / April is still plenty of time.

One of the schools I applied to has a priority deadline of December 15 for the FAFSA.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the schools I applied to has a priority deadline of December 15 for the FAFSA.
Is this for scholarships? Cause you’ll get full COA as a professional student, even if you don’t apply by the priority deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I’d call them to be sure... that is SUPER early and might be referring to undergrads.

I submitted my FAFSA in May and started in August and I had no problems.

Is this for scholarships? Cause you’ll get full COA as a professional student, even if you don’t apply by the priority deadline.

It just says for need-based aid to get it in by that date for priority consideration.

Yeah I’d call them to be sure... that is SUPER early and might be referring to undergrads.

I submitted my FAFSA in May and started in August and I had no problems.

It is from their veterinary school website!

Hmm that is strange. Professional school students don’t qualify for any federal grants, only loans and like Caiter said you’re guaranteed loans to cover full cost of living and tuition as a professional student. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just have that date so people don’t wait until the last minute.

Whether you submit your fafsa now or in 6 months shouldn’t really make a difference.

It just says for need-based aid to get it in by that date for priority consideration.
It’s likely just for scholarships through the school then. We have a FAFSA deadline of November 30th here for scholarship consideration, even though the actual deadline is something like July through FAFSA itself.