FAFSA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rinarina22

Reaction score
I know I file as an independent for graduate programs however, it suggests that medical professions should add parent information. Does that only mean medical and nursing students or does that also include physical therapy students?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Seeing as my parents won’t be helping me to pay for PT school I did not include any of their information on my FAFSA.

Seeing as my parents won’t be helping me to pay for PT school I did not include any of their information on my FAFSA.
Mine won’t be helping either but the wording is weird on the fafsa page. It just said it’s recommended or they suggest that health care professional school programs do. I’m not sure exactly why or if it includes PT students.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine won’t be helping either but the wording is weird on the fafsa page. It just said it’s recommended or they suggest that health care professional school programs do. I’m not sure exactly why or if it includes PT students.
At least one school I'm accepted at requires us to put parent info even as grad students if we want to be eligible for their scholarships. You'll need to ask the individual schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like this is a dumb question but I’m pretty clueless when it comes to student loan stuff. Would you be able to get a loan thru FAFSA to cover the full cost of the program?

I feel like this is a dumb question but I’m pretty clueless when it comes to student loan stuff. Would you be able to get a loan thru FAFSA to cover the full cost of the program?
From my experience no. But that was also for my undergrad. I am going to take as much as they offer my through Fafsa (because they offer lower interest rates) and then get other loans through sallie mae!

Professional schools are different from undergrad - you can get loans for 100%.