FAFSA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JukeBoxHeroo

Reaction score
Hi all! I just had a question about FAFSA. I submitted it about a month ago for one school but I am trying to add some of the other schools I was admitted to. I was told I would be able to add more schools after it is submitted but can't figure out how to go about doing that. Is anyone familiar with how to go about doing that? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I might be wrong, but I think you have to wait until your FAFSA is processed, which takes a really long time after submitting it. Then, you could update it. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong lol

Reactions: 1 users
I might be wrong, but I think you have to wait until your FAFSA is processed, which takes a really long time after submitting it. Then, you could update it. Someone pls correct me if I'm wrong lol
From what I could find online, I think this is accurate.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also waiting for FAFSA to be processed, complete Jan 4…

Question about FAFSA-I currently am waiting to hear back since my interview(its been awhile though) when is it appropriate to fill out FASFA? I heard you should wait til your accepted but doesnt it close kinda soon

Reactions: 1 user
Question about FAFSA-I currently am waiting to hear back since my interview(its been awhile though) when is it appropriate to fill out FASFA? I heard you should wait til your accepted but doesnt it close kinda soon
Anyone with more information, feel free to correct me. However, it seems like the general wisdom for now is to just submit FAFSA to all of the schools that invite you to interview. IIRC you are allowed up to 20 schools, so unless you're absolutely crushing it with II's, you're probably safe to do so, especially considering some schools extend financial aid with their offers of admission.

Anyone with more information, feel free to correct me. However, it seems like the general wisdom for now is to just submit FAFSA to all of the schools that invite you to interview. IIRC you are allowed up to 20 schools, so unless you're absolutely crushing it with II's, you're probably safe to do so, especially considering some schools extend financial aid with their offers of admission.
I am not an expert on FAFSA, so I would email the schools' financial aid officers. Your suggestion sounds plausible but I don't know if that's what the FA officers prefer. If you have interviewed / attended a meet and greet event, the officers hopefully introduced themselves to you.