FAFSA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jun99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if schools look at your FAFSA info and use it in any way to make a decision about admissions?

Members don't see this ad.

What do you think they will use to determine your financial aid ( Mostly loan)?

Does anyone know if schools look at your FAFSA info and use it in any way to make a decision about admissions?

If you're worried about not getting in to a school because of what you put on your FAFSA, don't. Unless you checked that box about having a felony drug conviction.... :)

Schools don't make admissions judgements based on income (unless you're rich enough to buy your way in).

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't know for sure. I know that some schools require international students to show proof that they can pay for school before they'll consider the application, but that's mainly b/c they don't qualify for federal fin aid. I know I've filled out my FAFSA already. If they do it should bump my app up. I doubt they do though since a lot of schools accept over half the new class before their FAFSA deadlines.

No. They don't care where you get your money from as long as you pay the bill. Getting loans is not hard for pharmacy students.

Do you think admissions people even look at the fafsa? I always thought it was a separate group of people prosessing your admissions and your financial aid.

You right it is a separate group. That's why they have the financial aid office and the admission office!!!!!

hi guys..
how did you fill out parents information part of FAFSA application and usc financial aid application?
i am married(i amn't international student) and my parents live outside U.S...

need help!!:luck:

hi guys..
how did you fill out parents information part of FAFSA application and usc financial aid application?
i am married(i amn't international student) and my parents live outside U.S...

need help!!:luck:

amn't?? Does it mean you're not an international student? If you're married, you don't need your parents' info and if you are over 24, you also don't need it.

amn't?? Does it mean you're not an international student? If you're married, you don't need your parents' info and if you are over 24, you also don't need it.
^^^^^i am a bad typer... right.. i am not an international student. however, i heard i need to submit parents information to get loan...

^^^^^i am a bad typer... right.. i am not an international student. however, i heard i need to submit parents information to get loan...

You need to submit your parents informations to get certains types of loan like the disadvantaged graduate loan (lower interest rate) or the minority anddiversity loan(Lower interest rate). You also need to submit those info for the health student scholarships

You need to submit your parents informations to get certains types of loan like the disadvantaged graduate loan (lower interest rate) or the minority anddiversity loan(Lower interest rate). You also need to submit those info for the health student scholarships
thanks...
but even though my parents don't live here, do i need to submit all information?

thanks...
but even though my parents don't live here, do i need to submit all information?

The USC financial aid website says you will need to submit your parents financial information. If your parents are expatriates and pay US taxes (military overseas, US job/income, but foreign assignment, etc) then they'll need to send in US tax forms by 4/15/07. If they are not US citizens, and therefore don't pay US taxes they are still required to report income. I know it said how in their FAQs at the financial aid site, but since it didn't apply to me I forget exactly how. I think it was a tax form equivalent for whatever country your parents are in/from.

thanks...

You can report that your parents will not file taxes. they will made you sign the non filers papers and report how much your parents are making abroad. Then your parents will sign the paper, add their payroll papers and you will be good.

thank both of you...^^
i found "parent non filing statement" from USC website...
have a great day...!!!