FAFSA Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by toothfairy85, Mar 3, 2007.

1. toothfairy85

toothfairy85 Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I submitted my FAFSA mid-January. I have never done this before, and I was wondering when I should expect to get information on loans and grants. So, when should I start receiving information on loans I can apply for?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. QuackDentist

QuackDentist I'm your ugly duckling.
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    You have to update your FAFSA with the newest material once you or your parents get your tax stuff done. After you've updated the stuff and you get into your school, the school will show you the financial aid package.

4. toothfairy85

toothfairy85 Guest

What if you don't have any material to update? (ie: everything was entered correctly the first time)

5. QuackDentist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    if that's the case, then they will just process your fasa as is. You give a list of five schools to send your fafsa to. And if you already wrote down the school you're going to, chances are they will get your fafsa soon if they haven't already gotten it. And, the school will give you a financial aid packet. You can call the school, but in general, that's how it works.

6. toothfairy85

toothfairy85 Guest

Thank you for your help!

7. QuackDentist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    no prob!!! congrats on getting in!

8. acara003

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is it ever too late to submit your fafsa? I haven't submitted mine yet b/c I'm not planning to file and I dont have my parent's information yet. Should I be worried? Is there some sort of deadline, and if so, when do you think it is?

9. duho.O

duho.O Member
    7+ Year Member

i accidently didn't add a school on my application....do you think fafsa will let me add it? i just submitted my apps on thurs at midnight.

10. EnviroDentist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Let's say that I'm waitlisted all the way up until August. Can I still submitt a FASFA and get loans that late or would I have to come up with tuition for the first year?

11. QuackDentist

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    is it ever too late to submit a fafsa?

-usually states have different deadlines. for example, the california deadline is on march 2nd but I turned my fafsa in on february 2nd because other states have an earlier deadline.

adding schools?

-i think they will let you change the list of schools when you correct it for information. at worst, you'll have to pay a little or call them up, but i think you could just change your stuff. when i was applying for undergrad, i didnt put my current institution in my 5. but when my school called and asked if they were in the 5, i said yes and changed the order.

waitlisted?

-yes you can. i have not had any acceptances or been waitlisted anywhere but i made one. just write down where you were waitlisted in your 5 schools. for me, i put down where i could possibly be accepted.

hope that helped!

--Quacky