Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

FAFSA question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Livineasi, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Livineasi

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm crossing my fingers that by some miracle I get an interview at UCLA and I have two more interviews coming up at New Jersey and Midwestern. Should I include all those schools on the FAFSA form?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

ain't it a bit early? i don't plan on sending mine in until i file my taxes/my W2's come back from my work places... until then... i should kno which school i'm going to for sure and the school would have given me all the FA packets n stuff. But if you wish i don't see why it would hurt to have all those schools on the FAFSA form. I don't think they see what schools you send it to... but that's just my theory... i'm not sure if they do or not...

4. Daydream46

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Maybe I am slow here.. but I wasn't aware that you could fill out a fafsa and receive aid for grad/dental school.

Is it just the same FAFSA I filled out while in undergrad?

Are there any guidelines about what one could hope to get? Is it difficult to get any aid?

5. MKD1960

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Most dental schools have info regarding financial aid on their web site. UDM also sent detailed info w/their acceptance letter. UofM didn't send the info w/acceptance, but it was given at the interview.

6. Daydream46

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks I found it on the website, but more like "you should fill it out" not any data on what people receive... maybe ill do some more digging

7. AlwaysImproving

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I already filled my FAFSA out and they already processed it!! woohoo
    You are supposed to put in all the schools you are considering, even if you haven't been accepted to them yet.

I understand that some ppl do the tax thingy and probably can't fill it out yet. Don't worry, the deadline is still far away.

I wish everyone the best!! Take care and happy new yr!:hardy:

8. Daydream46

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    another dumb question... is this just for loans? or for like grants too?

9. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student

it's for all types of aid that we'll need during d school so to answer your question, yes. :)

10. RMPredent2009

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i was told at most interviews to submit your FAFSA based on last years tax info and when you have your taxes done to go in and make the proper changes. From what I've gathered, most schools give their aid out on a first come first serve basis and as long as you submit your form early, you will be considered even if you have to make some changes later on. I will be attending Maryland and they have a March 1st priority deadline in order to be eligible for "all available financial aid".

11. Livineasi

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I called FAFSA and talked to a person there who told me I should just estimate my information for 2008.