FAFSA Submission Before Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roundgarlic

Reaction score
Hi all! I was wondering if it's bad form to submit FAFSA to schools before they've given you a decision post interview. Previously, you had been able to make changes to your FAFSA form after submitting and add new schools but it seems like this year you're unable to do so after submitting. I would like to submit my FAFSA to my top two choices right now right now as a financial aid offer from one of them may take it from my last choice to my first choice if they're able to do so. However, I have four schools that are not rolling that I would also like to submit FAFSA too, just in case. I don't want to come off as presumptuous and making it seem like I think I'm going to be accepted, I just want them to have it as early as possible just in case as one of the schools I'm considering is NYU which is currently at the top due to their lack of tuition but any financial aid offers could change my mind. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can still add schools to the FAFSA after submitting, but you aren't able to until it's been processed which won't happen until March. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think you can still add schools to the FAFSA after submitting, but you aren't able to until it's been processed which won't happen until March. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
correct. Also you can have up to 20 schools now on it so no worries about the numbers

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Add all the schools you can (15?) The financial aid office doesn’t tell admissions to the best of my knowledge so it won’t come across as presumptuous. Even if they did, schools know you need to apply and it’s better to give them info ahead of time than everyone submitting at the last minute.

I'm going to submit to everywhere I interviewed in case other people have the same question! Thanks everyone <3

Status
Not open for further replies.