FAFSA Too Late

Started by nm825
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nm825

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it starting to get too late to fill out FAFSA? My parents haven't filed taxes yet. The school I've been accepted has a deadline of 4/14 and the school I'm interviewing at has a deadline of mid-April as well; the school I'm waitlisted at has a priority deadline of 3/1, so it looks like I'm going to miss that.

Are financial aid award notifications rolling? Did I screw myself out of more money if I had applied earlier? If apply by mid-March, will I have FA award information from schools before the April 30 drop deadline?
 
Go ahead and file your FAFSA with estimated tax information. You can file now and correct later so you will not have that problem. You do NOT need to miss the March 1 deadline. (But really, complete and submit today!)