HSES

10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2008
Status
Hello what is the average money given to students who apply and receive financial aid from FAFSA. What is the most money that they gave to a student. I know it depends on how much your family makes but i want to average what mines would be. I'm the first in my family to attend college n i live with my dad, 1 brother and 1 sister and he's makes about $24,000 at the most annually.

KempDrumsalot

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Illinois
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello what is the average money given to students who apply and receive financial aid from FAFSA. What is the most money that they gave to a student. I know it depends on how much your family makes but i want to average what mines would be. I'm the first in my family to attend college n i live with my dad, 1 brother and 1 sister and he's makes about $24,000 at the most annually.

Hey there HSES, the amount definatly varies. Here is a quick calculator that can tell you how much your family will most likely have to contribute. The rest may be abtained from scholorships, grants, and loans.

http://www.finaid.org/calculators/quickefc.phtml

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 28, 2007
Status
  1. Attending Physician
It depends. Filling out the FAFSA and having a low expected family contribution don't guarantee aid. However, you must fill out the FAFSA to be considered. In Pennsylvania, for example, filling out the FAFSA will qualify you, possibly, for a PHEAA grant. Also, the FAFSA must be submitted in order for you to be considered for work-study or Stafford loans.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads