Fail pharmacy school

Started by bella1985
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know, can you repeat the question...

But seriously, if you fail a class, I believe many schools let you retake it the next year. So you have to take an extra year of classes, but you still get your PharmD. I bet that schools wouldn't accept you if you failed because they'd think that you wouldn't be competitive in the program.
 
Yea, you can definitely go to a different school, why not? Obviously you have to apply with everyone else and start all over as a P1. It may or may not be harder to get in but you still have all of the same pre-reqs done as the first time you applied. Might be fun trying to explain what happened at the first school during any interviews...

Not to mention there could have been multiple circumstances why it happened. If it was simply "I just don't get it" then maybe pharmacy isn't for that person, but crap happens, so you never know.
 
Nope.
"Truck driving school" is the next option, to quote someone on here. Don't remember who said it, but I read it in a sig
 
Didn't think it was possible until found out a classmate that did it succesfully. So yes, its been done.
 
One of my classmates could have, but I think they decided against it because I think at that point one has to determine if it's really what they truly wanted. Pharmacy school can be really hard if it's not truly in your heart or if you're not ready.
 
If someone failed pharmacy school, would they be able to attend another pharmacy school?

Even if that person is re-accepted what if they fail out again. I think that student would need to ask themself as to whether they can handle pharmacy school and not whether they simply have the passion to be a pharmacist bc that only goes so far.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad