Fail when in match season

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Idealistic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an IMG and unhappily, when I had already taken some interviews, I received a fail report from my STEP2CS, what will withdraw me from the 2007 match. Has anyone ever heard about a case like mine? Any advice? I would appreciate your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it happens. Sorry it happened to you. For future applicants, the best way to avoid this is to take step 2CS early so you can retake it before the deadline if you should happen to fail.

I don't know if you'll be able to scramble without a passing score, perhaps some people on the IMG section of the messageboard would know more.

I dont think that you will be taken out of the match because you failed step 2 clinical skills. Most schools dont even require that you have a passing grade by the time you graduate medical school. And if you've graduated a while ago, just check with your residency programs. Most residencies just require that you pass before you start. You can take the test again and recieve your score before your intern year starts. You can still match.

I dont think that you will be taken out of the match because you failed step 2 clinical skills. Most schools dont even require that you have a passing grade by the time you graduate medical school. And if you've graduated a while ago, just check with your residency programs. Most residencies just require that you pass before you start. You can take the test again and recieve your score before your intern year starts. You can still match.

This advice not for IMG, Sorry to say that he/she is already withdrawn because no ECFMG certificate. You will have access to unfilled programs. Good luck next year.

This advice not for IMG, Sorry to say that he/she is already withdrawn because no ECFMG certificate. You will have access to unfilled programs. Good luck next year.

Correcto...

for IMG's, you are automatically withdrawn from the match if you do not pass either step I, step II CK, or step II CS.
Unfortunately, you will have to try and scramble into a program that does NOT require a passing CS score.

Good luck...

Correcto...

for IMG's, you are automatically withdrawn from the match if you do not pass either step I, step II CK, or step II CS.
Unfortunately, you will have to try and scramble into a program that does NOT require a passing CS score.

Good luck...

You should have ECFMG to be appointed. No CS=No ECFMG