Idealistic

10+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi, I am an IMG and unhappily, when I had already taken some interviews, I received a fail report from my STEP2CS, what will withdraw me from the 2007 match. Has anyone ever heard about a case like mine? Any advice? I would appreciate your replies.

Wrigleyville

Fugitive Tech Consultant
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2003
Chicago, IL
Status (Visible)
Yes, it happens. Sorry it happened to you. For future applicants, the best way to avoid this is to take step 2CS early so you can retake it before the deadline if you should happen to fail.

I don't know if you'll be able to scramble without a passing score, perhaps some people on the IMG section of the messageboard would know more.

GYN DOC

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
I dont think that you will be taken out of the match because you failed step 2 clinical skills. Most schools dont even require that you have a passing grade by the time you graduate medical school. And if you've graduated a while ago, just check with your residency programs. Most residencies just require that you pass before you start. You can take the test again and recieve your score before your intern year starts. You can still match.

About the Ads

mmed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I dont think that you will be taken out of the match because you failed step 2 clinical skills. Most schools dont even require that you have a passing grade by the time you graduate medical school. And if you've graduated a while ago, just check with your residency programs. Most residencies just require that you pass before you start. You can take the test again and recieve your score before your intern year starts. You can still match.

This advice not for IMG, Sorry to say that he/she is already withdrawn because no ECFMG certificate. You will have access to unfilled programs. Good luck next year.

MushieCookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
This advice not for IMG, Sorry to say that he/she is already withdrawn because no ECFMG certificate. You will have access to unfilled programs. Good luck next year.

Correcto...

for IMG's, you are automatically withdrawn from the match if you do not pass either step I, step II CK, or step II CS.
Unfortunately, you will have to try and scramble into a program that does NOT require a passing CS score.

Good luck...

mmed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Correcto...

for IMG's, you are automatically withdrawn from the match if you do not pass either step I, step II CK, or step II CS.
Unfortunately, you will have to try and scramble into a program that does NOT require a passing CS score.

Good luck...

You should have ECFMG to be appointed. No CS=No ECFMG

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.