Failed By One Point!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedrose

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend got his score back yesterday and he told me that he FAILED step 3 by ONE point (he got a 183 and would have passed with a 184. he also mentioned something about a 74 and how he would have passed with a 75). HOW UNLUCKY. I was trying to convince him to recorrect it (since the computer can make a mistake correcting the written portion). But he says it is REALLY REALLY unlikely and a waste of $50 for recorrecting. However, if he gets ONE more point he can pass step 3 and $50 is not so much. Do you think that he should recorrect it?

( I think that it is so stupid that they don't have you pass the test b/c of only one point... It is just by CHANCE...In the score sheet, next to how many points a person has, it says that these points are incorrect to +-6 POINTS)

Members don't see this ad.

My friend got his score back yesterday and he told me that he FAILED step 3 by ONE point (he got a 183 and would have passed with a 184. he also mentioned something about a 74 and how he would have passed with a 75). HOW UNLUCKY. I was trying to convince him to recorrect it (since the computer can make a mistake correcting the written portion). But he says it is REALLY REALLY unlikely and a waste of $50 for recorrecting. However, if he gets ONE more point he can pass step 3 and $50 is not so much. Do you think that he should recorrect it?

( I think that it is so stupid that they don't have you pass the test b/c of only one point... It is just by CHANCE...In the score sheet, next to how many points a person has, it says that these points are incorrect to +-6 POINTS)

Keep in mind that one percentile point off does not mean one question wrong. It's usually somewhere between five and 12 questions depending on a particular exam.