Failed CK, already submitted ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djeon1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
US-IMG here, found out that I failed Step 2CK today.

I already applied for 2018 Match (IM and FM) but I will probably have to withdraw my applications.

With a Step 1 (225, passed on 1st attempt) and CS (passed on 1st attempt), what are my chances of getting into IM or FM program upon passing CK ?

Members don't see this ad.

I am very sorry this happened to you.

As far as chances:

81% of IM PDs rated a failed attempt on Step 1 or 2 a 4.6/5 in terms of importance when evaluating ERAS applications (NRMP PD survey)

So this will obviously hurt you, but might not be the end of everything. But you already know this.

Chin up. Stuff happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Dude I'm very sorry to hear your situation. Unfortunately It's really hard to predict your chance. Your Step 1 score is not bad. I would say if you score high on your next attempt, you should still have good shot
Wish you do well next time

Hmm, I have no experience in the matter, but why not send the application without your step 2 ck and reschedule it ASAP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Horrible advice. If he is failing, he needs at least 2 months of full time study to pull his score into respectable 230+ range.
I was thinking along the lines of him taking step 2 ck in late December/early January, just to make sure he has all the step results before the match and hope he gets interviews without the result.

How many programs did you apply to? I think your ERAS expenses just skyrocketed.