Failed comlex 2 PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found out I failed comlex level 2 PE, failed humanistic portion......How bad does this affect the matching process ? My step 1 and comlex level 1 scores were around average, (step 1 ~230). I plan on taking step 2 and comlex level 2. I am interested in applying to anesthesia for 2020. Any advice is welcomed.

Members don't see this ad.

I find myself in a similar situation. If anybody can share their experiences, that would extremely helpful.

what did you do to prepare?

you need to get very specific coaching on your osce performances and note writing for the PE

Members don't see this ad :)
what did you do to prepare?

you need to get very specific coaching on your osce performances and note writing for the PE

Preparation was not the best. Went over a few cases in the Comlex-PE review book. I am preparing much better this time around by doing all cases in review book and watching combank videos. My concern is how this failure will affect my chances in obtaining interviews for internal medicine residency programs. If anybody found themselves in a similar situation in the past, please share your story and what steps were taken. Thank you

I failed the PE. The interview cycle was rough, even for family med. I matched ultimately tho

Reactions: 1 users