Failed COMLEX 3 three times!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nycsurgeondo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
+pissed+Help! Last two times by 1 point!

Issues:
Poor test taker but passed both step 1 & 2 first try.
Now a 4th year surgical resident
tried crush, first aid, kaplan video lectures, combank (twice), Qbook, Lang, savarese
forced to reregister to take by end of October without vacation and with 4 calls this month

any advice?
:bang:

Members don't see this ad.

+pissed+Help! Last two times by 1 point!

Issues:
Poor test taker but passed both step 1 & 2 first try.
Now a 4th year surgical resident
tried crush, first aid, kaplan video lectures, combank (twice), Qbook, Lang, savarese
forced to reregister to take by end of October without vacation and with 4 calls this month

any advice?
:bang:

dude you gotta be super smart, you are a surgeon.... you are probably not using the proper study materials.
Try Premier Review. You can and will make it.
I dont see USMLE World in your preparation. .that is very helpful also.

dude you gotta be super smart, you are a surgeon.... you are probably not using the proper study materials.
Try Premier Review. You can and will make it.
I dont see USMLE World in your preparation. .that is very helpful also.

Agreed. Premier Review notes contains about 417 pgs. This coupled with UW Step 3 questions should be ample for you to pass. Ignore everything else, including Kaplan. You can do this. Also, consider UW CCS, this may be the cause of you not passing overall as well. Many people tend to underestamate the CCS protion of the Step 3. I have heard of many demise's because of it. Good look on re-preping. Dont give up and stay the course!!!:cool:

Agreed. Premier Review notes contains about 417 pgs. This coupled with UW Step 3 questions should be ample for you to pass. Ignore everything else, including Kaplan. You can do this. Also, consider UW CCS, this may be the cause of you not passing overall as well. Many people tend to underestamate the CCS protion of the Step 3. I have heard of many demise's because of it. Good look on re-preping. Dont give up and stay the course!!!:cool:

agreed, dude Kaplan is completely worthless. In the step 3 course, they go the wrong way, and actually 'teach' you wrong things.
It takes time to 'un'learn what they say in their course, it is really awful. I wonder if these are really fully liscenced physicians teaching their courses. I highly doubt it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if these are really fully liscenced physicians teaching their courses. I highly doubt it.

I have been watching your advice for months now, promoting Premier Review, and for the most part have kept quiet. But your promotion has been taken to a whole new level and I feel I must speak out. It's one thing to have a strong opinion about something and quite another to shamelessly slander a physician's credentials as you have (see above direct quote).

I just checked the ABIM website, and that individual is, indeed, board certified in internal medicine.

I have known folks who took one or the other of the review courses often cited here, and passed with decent scores. I respect your right to express your opinion, but I take umbrage to the fact that you have so maligned Kaplan's review course (no, I do not work for them, nor receive any incentive to promote their program) that the only way you can prop up your position is to slander the credentials of a medical instructor there.

Shame on you!

Nu

Last edited:
I have been watching your advice for months now, promoting Premier Review, and for the most part have kept quiet. But your promotion has been taken to a whole new level and I feel I must speak out. It's one thing to have a strong opinion about something and quite another to shamelessly slander a physician's credentials as you have (see above direct quote).

I just checked the ABIM website, and that individual is, indeed, board certified in internal medicine.

I have known folks who took one or the other of the review courses often cited here, and passed with decent scores. I respect your right to express your opinion, but I take umbrage to the fact that you have so maligned Kaplan's review course (no, I do not work for them, nor receive any incentive to promote their program) that the only way you can prop up your position is to slander the credentials of a medical instructor there.

Shame on you!

Nu

Go ahead and think what you want dude. Paranoia will destroy ya!
I am not 'promoting' Premier Review. While it is great, it is probably not enough in itself to pass. You should have other things to do like mcqs USMLE World, and ccs review.
It is one billion times better than Kaplan though any day.
A whole new level interesting. If I claim that its not enough to pass, I am promoting it? Nice!
As a matter of fact, PR is WEAK in Ob Gyn and Trauma, albeit it does have tidbits that can help you pick up extra points. The Medicine portion is great.
It is not worth trying to help people here, because you always get accused of being some 'agent' -- people like you are a disappointment to the medical profession.
People trying to help one another out, and attacked by people like you, that just do not appreciate that. You accuse others of being 'sales' agents. How do I know that YOU ARE NOT A KAPLAN AGENT???
You tell me that.
Anyways peace out dude, either cite CONCRETE EVIDENCE to the contrary, or continue being nervous of all of the sales agents everywhere in the world!!

Last edited:
Go ahead and think what you want dude. Paranoia will destroy ya!
I am not 'promoting' Premier Review. While it is great, it is probably not enough in itself to pass. You should have other things to do like mcqs USMLE World, and ccs review.
It is one billion times better than Kaplan though any day.
A whole new level interesting. If I claim that its not enough to pass, I am promoting it? Nice!
As a matter of fact, PR is WEAK in Ob Gyn and Trauma, albeit it does have tidbits that can help you pick up extra points. The Medicine portion is great.
It is not worth trying to help people here, because you always get accused of being some 'agent' -- people like you are a disappointment to the medical profession.
People trying to help one another out, and attacked by people like you, that just do not appreciate that. You accuse others of being 'sales' agents. How do I know that YOU ARE NOT A KAPLAN AGENT???
You tell me that.
Anyways peace out dude, either cite CONCRETE EVIDENCE to the contrary, or continue being nervous of all of the sales agents everywhere in the world!!

The thrust of my post was the nature of the slanderous comment you made about an instructor there. You sidestepped that very nicely. And, frankly, as a physician, it was beneath you (or at least should have been). It was quite unprofessional. And that is all I'm going to say on the matter. I said what I felt needed to be said.

Nu

The thrust of my post was the nature of the slanderous comment you made about an instructor there. You sidestepped that very nicely. And, frankly, as a physician, it was beneath you (or at least should have been). It was quite unprofessional. And that is all I'm going to say on the matter. I said what I felt needed to be said.

Nu
promoting Premier Review, and for the most part have kept quiet. But your promotion has been taken to a whole new level and I feel I must speak out.

jeeeeeeeez delusional man seriously.

You see -- that is why I said "I wonder" -- and MY OPINION is that they do not teach like they are physicians sometimes -- with their highly unprofessional behavior -- and low yield information.
I am sorry if you and others took it the wrong way.
It is not a Kaplan vs Premier Review issue here. I honestly couldn't care less about either. I am fully licensed, workin and living my dream, and do not care about USMLEs anymore.
The thing what disappoints me the most about your behavior, is the full fledged whole hearted accusation that I am 'promoting' something. If I was truly promoting something, then I would obviously have secondary gain.
Sorry for your shortcomings.
I see that I wasted my time.
One last question. DID THE ORIGINAL POSTER STATE THAT THEY USED KAPLAN LECTURES OR NOT?????????? Yes or no would be great.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for an answer. NuMD.
Are you going to accuse me of being a sales agent, or not answer my question which I directed at you? Looks like all of the above. That is what I do not understand, if you accuse me of something, back it up -- and if you are asked something then answer it??? I answer everything asked of me.
It is very timid and weak hearted honestly.
Very, very disappointing.

Last edited: