Failed my Step 2CS ICE Portion 2018 Atlanta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jokes of life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am looking for help from fellow med students who passed Step 2CS portion. What resources would you suggest to pass the ICE portion. Seems like I kept making some mistake that I wasn't aware of my scores in the ICE section was borderline to low performance. I am not sure how to improve on it or what to do differently. I have studied kaplan course for CS and did the FA twice to study for patient notes and did the cases with someone before the test. If there is a course that helped you in the past few months or if anyone have similar experience please contact me on what you did differently to prepare for it in 2018 after they made changes to scoring system. I took my CS in Atlanta and failed the ICE portion.At this point I am not sure what I would do, because I was confident going into the test that I knew my stuff when interacting with the patient and questions to ask. I used the mnemonics and didn't miss anything during questioning.

A friend recommended me a course with good reviews in new york(NYCS prep). I was thinking of going for the three day workshop and getting their patient note review package to practice again.

Members don't see this ad.

See ICE mainly scored on patient note
DD and supporting points highest marks
Then work up then history ( should be organized well written) then physical exam
Dont use abbreaviations other than on usmle website
U can use abbreaviations as u can in physical exam portion if ur slow typting but dont do it on history
Send me a pt note u write before and i will correct it for u good luck next time