Failed naplex?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cvsjulia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is a rumor/observation going around that those students that fail the naplex can't even register for the naplex for 91 days. I know what you're thinking- duh. But my question is this:
On the nabp website, if you press "my active registrations", at the top there is a button that says "register for naplex". If this button is greyed out and you can't click it, that means you failed. If you can press it, that means you pass. Mine is not greyed out. My state does not participate in the nabp score reporting, and we have to wait for weeks to find out via snail mail. So can anyone that has failed the naplex confirm that the "register for naplex" button is not clickable?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i think this idea is crazy...i saw the post before I took my NAPLEX and it was greyed out on NABP.and it still remains greyed out... unless they mean it changes after the scores are released....im still patiently waiting..i thought the naplex was not that bad...so Im confident I passed...

It's supposed to be "ungreyed" 24-48h after taking the boards. I never noticed mine to be grey at any point in time... So idk.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's supposed to be "ungreyed" 24-48h after taking the boards. I never noticed mine to be grey at any point in time... So idk.

So, if I understand what you are saying, if a person failed the MPJE or NAPLEX, that person's "Register for MPJE/NAPLEX" button on the top of the page will be grayed out for longer than 24-48 hours after said person took the specified test? BUT if a person passed the test, the button(s) would return to that orange color after the mentioned 24-48 hour time period?

I'm fairly curious myself- my state also reports scores through snail mail. Also, never noticed those buttons to be grayed out at any time before or after either exam, but I suppose they may have been at some point.

So, if I understand what you are saying, if a person failed the MPJE or NAPLEX, that person's "Register for MPJE/NAPLEX" button on the top of the page will be grayed out for longer than 24-48 hours after said person took the specified test? BUT if a person passed the test, the button(s) would return to that orange color after the mentioned 24-48 hour time period?

I'm fairly curious myself- my state also reports scores through snail mail. Also, never noticed those buttons to be grayed out at any time before or after either exam, but I suppose they may have been at some point.

so I did take the naplex but have not received my score yet... but on NABP it allows me to re-register for the naplex again before the 91 days meaning it is ORANGE and not GREYED out... i am super worried that it means I did not pass Naplex! please those who have taken the test and did not get a result yet is that the same case for you??????

so I did take the naplex but have not received my score yet... but on NABP it allows me to re-register for the naplex again before the 91 days meaning it is ORANGE and not GREYED out... i am super worried that it means I did not pass Naplex! please those who have taken the test and did not get a result yet is that the same case for you??????

That was the scenario for me and I passed. Though it should be said there is a lot of uncertainty still whether the changing of colors means anything on NABP.

The pass rate on the NAPLEX is very high, in any event, so try not to stress too much. Easy advice to give, hard to take, I know. It took me 19 days to hear back from my state board that I had passed, and that was rough. Best of luck!

The color does not mean anything. Someone in this forum has pointed it out earlier.

Im from CA, which doesn't participate in posting result online. I just took the naplex 2 days ago, 9/26 exactly time is 8 AM. I have been checking the NABP website ever since and I have not see my registration status to be closed. I still have that grey button. Now it is almost 48 hours. Do it mean i fail? I did really bad in the exam. I did not have time to finish. I still have 15 questions or so left. And was putting "1" to the fill in about 5 calculation problem in order to move on. i got a panic attack during the exam. I could not analyze the questions. I even miss a very simple ones. I think the chance of me passing is thin like air. i feel devastated. I was not a bad student in school. I never be this nervous on exams before. I think I'm the only person in my class fail. All of my friend are already licensed.

Hi Guys, Don't worry and stressed by looking at the website grey color. Once you take the exam it's grey till next authorization. and you can not authorize right way. they authorize you after 3 months. worry can not fix anything. just be positive and pray.

Im from CA, which doesn't participate in posting result online. I just took the naplex 2 days ago, 9/26 exactly time is 8 AM. I have been checking the NABP website ever since and I have not see my registration status to be closed. I still have that grey button. Now it is almost 48 hours. Do it mean i fail? I did really bad in the exam. I did not have time to finish. I still have 15 questions or so left. And was putting "1" to the fill in about 5 calculation problem in order to move on. i got a panic attack during the exam. I could not analyze the questions. I even miss a very simple ones. I think the chance of me passing is thin like air. i feel devastated. I was not a bad student in school. I never be this nervous on exams before. I think I'm the only person in my class fail. All of my friend are already licensed.
I am having the same issue. and can completely relate. I am california resident and took mine 11/26 and still waiting over 48 hours and its still grey. I felt the same way about the exam and also did not finish. Did the color of your registration change when you got your score?

There is a rumor/observation going around that those students that fail the naplex can't even register for the naplex for 91 days. I know what you're thinking- duh. But my question is this:
On the nabp website, if you press "my active registrations", at the top there is a button that says "register for naplex". If this button is greyed out and you can't click it, that means you failed. If you can press it, that means you pass. Mine is not greyed out. My state does not participate in the nabp score reporting, and we have to wait for weeks to find out via snail mail. So can anyone that has failed the naplex confirm that the "register for naplex" button is not clickable?

Thanks!!
My button just turned orange today and my registration status has gone from ATt generated to close. I haven't heard anything yet. I took the naplex on November 26. I hope your theory is right!

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry you will pass. I didn't know how i passed, I didn't even finish the exam, I skipped a bunch of calculation question by putting "1" as an answer in order to move on. I thought my chance of passing is like 0.0000001% but i passed with some spare points
wishing you the best rx0513.... but you will. the passing rate is very very high, and they really really curve a lot

hi, you guys I am so worried I took my exam on monday and I am glued to the website I missed few easy questions, I am so nervous, is it true that is you are able to transfer your score mean you have passed but my botton still grey.

please some one tell me if that is true

hi, you guys I am so worried I took my exam on monday and I am glued to the website I missed few easy questions, I am so nervous, is it true that is you are able to transfer your score mean you have passed but my botton still grey.

please some one tell me if that is true

Score transfer was available to me but I'm not sure if that means anything.

The naplex wrecked my nerves. Now onto law.

I was too!

The tab near the mpje was grayed out. I could transfer my score to another state.

Did you check your status with your state's bop?
No I did get chance should call them. thank you for all your help ya I have grey and I can transfer hope rumors are true

I guess if regulation exist that 91 days period before re-registration following a failed attempt, permission would definitely be blocked. NABP will not give permission to register within that 91 days. I believe this