Failed nbde 2 twice already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radhi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I did my school in India and iv failed the part 2 twice already. Iv been really discouraged but I wish to move past it. I studied the following materials:

Dental decks
Board busters
Mosbys
Tufts pharmac
Case files
Kaplan qbank

I studied for a long time. I made my own flashcards as well. I just can't understand what more I needed to be doing. So please please give me advice on how to attack it for the third time. I am open to constructive criticism. I just need to know why I failed. By the way the first time I failed with a 71 and the second a 72.

My study method was to go through the decks atleast 3-4 times each time I prepared. The second time I prepared I made my own flashcards while reading board busters and reviewing those flashcards. I also memorized my tufts and skimmed through Mosbys but did some topics in detail such as pt management. Kaplan qbank I did the first time round. Case files I spent the last 2 weeks reviewing and memorizing.

I hope you can all find it in your hearts to give me advice and lead me in the right direction. I keep on hearing how easy part 2 is and I feel like I know the material but maybe I underestimate myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a report in which areas you missed a lot? Do you know your weak subjects?
I am a big advocate for reading an actual textbook, if flashcards and a review material did not help to pass. You might be missing a general view local dentists have at certain problems, which leads you to answer questions logically to you but still wrong by local standards
I did not think Part 2 was easy, the hardest for me was how long the exam was - by the end I was like a zombie. I had to prepare very well in order to pass. Does it still has a lot of perio and endo?

Hey, I agree to the above post. Try to get your concepts clear using reference books.
Follow groups on Facebook, you will find a lot of questions there which are being asked these days. Hope this helps. All the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't loose hope do same things again. Study decks in and out. That would be your key.
One more thing do lot of questions and also many files in fb group.
It's matter of luck. You will do it.
P.S: I studied Decks, tufts, pm mosby, papers and lot of questions.
Good luck:)

after studying all these did u review urself like doing fake exams
in now a days devices we have a lot of apps regarding part 2. do all those.
and concentrate on the questions posted in Facebook groups.
after this much preparation from the materials all u have, u have to questions question and questions .
thats it
good luck for ur upcoming exam:);):cool:

Hi guys! I did my school in India and iv failed the part 2 twice already. Iv been really discouraged but I wish to move past it. I studied the following materials:

Dental decks
Board busters
Mosbys
Tufts pharmac
Case files
Kaplan qbank

I studied for a long time. I made my own flashcards as well. I just can't understand what more I needed to be doing. So please please give me advice on how to attack it for the third time. I am open to constructive criticism. I just need to know why I failed. By the way the first time I failed with a 71 and the second a 72.

My study method was to go through the decks atleast 3-4 times each time I prepared. The second time I prepared I made my own flashcards while reading board busters and reviewing those flashcards. I also memorized my tufts and skimmed through Mosbys but did some topics in detail such as pt management. Kaplan qbank I did the first time round. Case files I spent the last 2 weeks reviewing and memorizing.

I hope you can all find it in your hearts to give me advice and lead me in the right direction. I keep on hearing how easy part 2 is and I feel like I know the material but maybe I underestimate myself.

hello...
i got 72% in part2 last week...
am also in a state of confusion....
please help me if u got sufficient info to crack exam atleast in next attempt.

Dental decks
Board busters
Mosbys
Tufts pharmac
Case files
Kaplan qbank

did u pass the third time?

Dental decks
Board busters
Mosbys
Tufts pharmac
Case files
Kaplan qbank

i am in the same situation as yours, i studied everything like u did except kaplan qbank and also jus studied mosby for patient management.i did go through asda papers though....i failed with 71 n 73 for the second time.i went through my scores in detail and compared them with each other from both the times..felt i did bad in patient management and case studies.Now,that i have clinical experience in states i see things differently and feel that it would somehow will help me.Its not easy to appear for the paper for the third time...i understand...but we need to encourage our own self n see through where we lacking n strengthen that part all together with several revisions.At times,i feel discouraged but that doesn't help so my friend just go through your scores and figure out the part u need to strengthen ,good luck.

i am in the same situation as yours, i studied everything like u did except kaplan qbank and also jus studied mosby for patient management.i did go through asda papers though....i failed with 71 n 73 for the second time.i went through my scores in detail and compared them with each other from both the times..felt i did bad in patient management and case studies.Now,that i have clinical experience in states i see things differently and feel that it would somehow will help me.Its not easy to appear for the paper for the third time...i understand...but we need to encourage our own self n see through where we lacking n strengthen that part all together with several revisions.At times,i feel discouraged but that doesn't help so my friend just go through your scores and figure out the part u need to strengthen ,good luck.
What were your raw scores?