Failed Orgo 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Othello

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had the worst semester ever. In short, I got an F in Orgo 1 and messed up in just about every other class. The entire spring semester sucked, and it brought my GPA down from a 3.67 to a 3.31. I'm the only one to blame for this and really no one else. I will be a Junior next year.

My question is, is dentistry still an option in my future and if so what exactly I should do to bounce back from this disaster.

Members don't see this ad.

@Othello Don't get discouraged, dentistry can still be in your future. Work hard, bounce back and do well in the rest of your science classes. Try to get an A if you can when you retake orgo. I recommend Organic Chemistry as a Second Language! A great book that breaks down orgo really simply.

Reactions: 1 user
of course, just keep getting those A's.

I got an F in gchem and a few C's. Got in just fine into a few schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a very similiar situation where I took Orgo one, messed up a semster and bumped down from a 3.6 to a 3.3. Do NOT give up. Unfortunately, Orgo is not going away. You must tackle it head on and have a solid foundation but I assure you, it is not as difficult as it seems. If I were in your situation I would buy Chads videos orgo section and watch every video and download the note/ take every quiz. I honestly cound not believe how complicated my teachers made things compared to how he explianed it. Keep your head up.

So I had the worst semester ever. In short, I got an F in Orgo 1 and messed up in just about every other class. The entire spring semester sucked, and it brought my GPA down from a 3.67 to a 3.31. I'm the only one to blame for this and really no one else. I will be a Junior next year.

My question is, is dentistry still an option in my future and if so what exactly I should do to bounce back from this disaster.

Ahhh
Young grasshopper

Do not worry, many of us have received F's

Keep your head up, and schedule accordingly next time..... Time for study, for work, and for relaxing 10-30 minutes a day...

Do not be upset.... Due to drop in GPA, learn from this....

This will make you stronger.... It is better to learn to fail now, how to cope with it now..... Than in a later period.

One bad semester happens but keep on keepin' on! I've tutored Organic to many students and I always make them buy "Organic Chemistry | As a Second Language" by David Klein. It's a short book with all topics and worksheets. Go through the 200 page book a month before you take OChem and use it as a supplement during the school year -- it'll do you wonders.

Understand the concepts then do a **** ton of practice problems. You can do it!