Failed step 2 CS, help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vbgal41

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice here. Failed the CIS portion of Step 2 CS. I've talked things over with the deans of my school, advisor, etc. and I'm confident I can pass the second time.

Scheduled my test for late December so I will take the test in time to have a pass for the rank list submission. BUT:

1) Will programs actually ask for it? Some say on their websites that they need it for ranking. My step 2 CK is solid (250) and is already in.

2) if I decide to release it, looks like it will be all or nothing, can't just decide to release it to some schools but not others. So should I just stay silent? Or will this impact how programs rank me if they see a fail?

Would appreciate any advice of people who have had this same scenario. I've calmed down a bit but I'm still pretty stressed out and now a little worried about matching! I'm trying to match into an average specialty, nothing too competitive (not psych or fam med- I know they care about CS more).

Members don't see this ad.