Failed STEP 2cs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

polymorphism87

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took Step 2cs in ATL in May, and found out I failed the ICE portion. I just retook it again yesterday and am terrified that I failed again. I forgot to wash my hands on 1 pt (did CVA tenderness) then remembered, washed them and continued on with the exam. Has anyone done this and passed?
 
I took Step 2cs in ATL in May, and found out I failed the ICE portion. I just retook it again yesterday and am terrified that I failed again. I forgot to wash my hands on 1 pt (did CVA tenderness) then remembered, washed them and continued on with the exam. Has anyone done this and passed?
I think I have seen people post about forgetting to wash hands a few times and still passing. No one really knows how it is graded though, so it's hard to say. You'll probably be okay, though I know it's a sickening feeling. I failed it twice, and only got a passing score the day before residency started.