Failing everything, still possible???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zizou

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first-year anatomy major in mcgill university. I skipped freshman year as they gave me 30 credits for french bac and APs. However, in my first semester, I failed two courses, differed two and only passed one. I was crazy, I took 5 hard science classes (anatomy, physiology, stats, mol bio and organic chem).I was sick most of the critical times in the semester before and during midterms). Anyhow, I think with a gpa less than 2.0 in this term, I am pretty screwed for med schools right? I mean this is the first time i fail and don't do well at all, and even though I can probably have a 4.0 gpa next term and next year, do you think with a less than 2.0 in the first term and two failing courses (i differed chem and mol bio because of sickness and i'll pass them for sure). Should I think of something else?

I have two options either take the rick of staying in my program, graduate so I can have 6 semesters so I can make my gpa go up (better than 4 semesters only and apply in the last year) but who guarantess I am gonna do so well in a really hard program.

Or switch to Fac of Arts, do a different major, Econ probably, my gpa starts fresh. If I feel i can go to med school, meaning havinf good gpa , I go or otherwise go to Grad school. But maybe I wouldn't do so well in the mcats because my undergrad wouldn't be that scientific, but I took mol bio and organic anyway???

Sorry, this is very long, but I am really confused and depressed not to the point to suicide though. I don't care what med school, preferably canaddian, but american too .

Members don't see this ad.