failing step 2 ck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychtorads

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
a friend failed step 2 ck by 1 pt. he still wants to try and Match. if he re submits his paperwork and can take the test in Jan. and pass, could he still be ranked and make the Match? what is the last day the programs Match? any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

assuming an img or fmg?
double check this but the test isnt given the first 2 weeks of jan. so if the first test dtae he/she got were jan15, that would leave about 6 weeks for score reporting, if he has interviews he wont get dropped from rol deadline which is feb 28th, if he passes and scores arent crazt late. but thats assuming he has interviews and someone is ranking him. otherwise i am fuzzy, someone clarify.. i think if he gets dropped he still has access to scramble list?

thanks for your reply.

the plan is to take the exam again, about 4-6 weeks before Feb 28th, so there is enough time for score reporting before Match rank list submission deadline. interviews are already scheduled. let me know if I am not thinking of any other deadlines. this should work in theory, correct?