Fair compensation for collaborating Physician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you are bombarded with 100+ people in 12 hours along with a constant barrage of phone calls that is about all you are able to do. I never said it was the best medicine and not something I signed up for. When I began it was 30 patients/day which is manageable.

You obviously have issues with other types of providers though. I am still opening my own practice though so if you want to come work for me I'll offer you a 70/30 split. You need to run your cases by me though if you feel like you can't handle something.

🙄

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When you are bombarded with 100+ people in 12 hours along with a constant barrage of phone calls that is about all you are able to do. I never said it was the best medicine and not something I signed up for. When I began it was 30 patients/day which is manageable.

You obviously have issues with other types of providers though. I am still opening my own practice though so if you want to come work for me I'll offer you a 70/30 split. You need to run your cases by me though if you feel like you can't handle something.

Thanks; but I'll never need to speak about medicine with someone who knows less medicine than me.
I've forgotten more medicine than you'll ever know.

Reactions: 8 users
In the interest of transparency, NPDude was banned. I was keeping an eye on this thread in the hopes that he would chill out, but obviously that wasn't the case.

A reminder to please report users that are being disruptive. The moderators are users just like you and we may miss things, but a report will pop the thread into a queue that is much easier to review.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In the interest of transparency, NPDude was banned. I was keeping an eye on this thread in the hopes that he would chill out, but obviously that wasn't the case.

A reminder to please report users that are being disruptive. The moderators are users just like you and we may miss things, but a report will pop the thread into a queue that is much easier to review.

I was hoping that you'd let him flail about a bit more. The Dunning-Kruger effect was strong with this one.
I mean, he offered me a 70-30 split on his practice. I'd take the 70, and he can play pretend for the thirty, as long as he does all the other things that aren't medicine.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make a closed forum only for MDs and DOs? NPs have NPI numbers as well so that wouldn’t work as a screener.

I know the radiation oncology forum has a closed forum for business of medicine that requires verification of credentials in some way.

Is there a way to make a closed forum only for MDs and DOs? NPs have NPI numbers as well so that wouldn’t work as a screener.

I know the radiation oncology forum has a closed forum for business of medicine that requires verification of credentials in some way.
There is one. It's called Practicing Physicians.

Reactions: 2 users

As bothersome as it must sometimes be, I am glad this forum is not exclusive because I know I and other medical students really benefit from learning about the field from residents and attendings in the real world.