fake optometrist

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blazenmadison

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.kptv.com/news/15086376/detail.html

I don't know if this story was posted earlier. But it's pretty funny. I guess ANYONE can be an optometrist. Why should we waste 8 years of school?

Members don't see this ad.

there's a big problem with unlicensed activity in southern Florida. There's a big link on the DOH website to check and make sure your OD is licensed.

Wow. That's surprising. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
How, exactly, does this happen?? Are these mostly people that have gone to school but didn't get their license? Or do they not even go to school? If they didn't go to school how in the world do they refract, or diagnose medical conditions? I can't imagine their refractions would be that great so these people must get their CL's/glasses and realize they still can't see as well as they should be. Maybe they just go by the auto refractor? Interesting.

How, exactly, does this happen?? Are these mostly people that have gone to school but didn't get their license? Or do they not even go to school? If they didn't go to school how in the world do they refract, or diagnose medical conditions? I can't imagine their refractions would be that great so these people must get their CL's/glasses and realize they still can't see as well as they should be. Maybe they just go by the auto refractor? Interesting.

I think in Florida it's a combination of people who haven't passed Florida boards and people with degrees from other countries who aren't licensed in the US.