fall 08 transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKIM02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So.. as i promised myself that i would i completely turned off my brain after i turned in my last final and i completely forgot about fall transcripts...:scared:
I know that Colorado is due jan 5 (they say you can fax unofficial if it doesnt get there on time) but do you know when the rest of the schools official fall transcripts are due? I need to kno for western, washington, and davis but if you know others plz post just in case others need to kno .
btw. Happy early holidays everyone~

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually quite worried about fall transcripts as one of the two schools I'm applying to says they won't have Fall 2008 transcripts ready until mid-January because that's when grades are due. Eek! I applied to some of the same schools as you - Western, Davis, and CSU. I don't believe that Davis or Western actually set a date to have fall transcripts in by, but I would assume the sooner the better. I'm hoping to notify schools about my transcript situation and hope they don't count it against me!

Thanks for the reminder. I just senta request for my school to send the Fall transcripts.

UIC- Feb 1
Penn- Asap
Wisconsin Madison-Jan 26
Minnesota- No Fall transcripts required

Don't know when the others want the transcripts by, but sent them anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok. heres an update...
WSU only wants fall 08 transcripts if you get an interview

From the UF CVM website:

Completed test scores and Fall semester transcripts must be received in the University of Florida Office for Students and Instruction by early January.

I couldn't find anything for the other schools I've applied to (OSU and KSU), but I figure they can't be any earlier than early January, so I'm going to mail them all out asap.

Ok. heres an update...
WSU only wants fall 08 transcripts if you get an interview

JKIM02, did you email someone from WSU that told you that? Because, on their website it says Fall '08 transcripts are due by January 15 and they don't interview WICHE students so if you are a member, I'd think you'd fall under that deadline as I would.

Also if you go here: http://www.aavmc.org/vmcas/college_requirement.htm you can look at the specifications of each school and it says on each page when transcripts are due. Hope that helps (it kept me from freaking out to have the deadlines right in front of me!)

JKIM02, did you email someone from WSU that told you that? Because, on their website it says Fall '08 transcripts are due by January 15 and they don't interview WICHE students so if you are a member, I'd think you'd fall under that deadline as I would.

Also if you go here: http://www.aavmc.org/vmcas/college_requirement.htm you can look at the specifications of each school and it says on each page when transcripts are due. Hope that helps (it kept me from freaking out to have the deadlines right in front of me!)

Hey eringobraugh.. I found it on their website... heres a direct quote...
"Additional transcripts that reflect grades for the fall 2008 courses will only be required from those applicants who are offered an interview."

Here is also the website. (its the last sentences under "WSU supp app")
http://www.vetmed.wsu.edu/prospectiveStudents/ApplicationProcedures.aspx

Im kind of scared now since I only sent out transcripts to the other 3 schools!! :scared:
maybe we should call.. I hate it when there's contradicting information... its like...this is our future here ppls!!

Hey thanks! I was going to send all mine tomorrow but now I don't know if I should. Their website said it was updated in August and I don't know when the specifications page on AAVMC was updated but I think I'll email them and see what they say.

I got an email from Western a while back that said this:

"Please be sure to have your Fall transcript sent to us as soon as it is available so that the grades for those courses are in your file should the Committee request them! Should you be accepted, final transcripts for coursework in progress will be required before you may register for classes at Western University of Health Sciences-College of Veterinary Medicine."

So I guess send Fall transcripts to them ASAP if you haven't already

Ok so WSU doesn't need them unless you are offered a spot, so that clears that up. Glad I didnt waste the 10 dollars my school charges to send them!

thanks so much for letting me know! too bad my school is being so NOT cool and refusing to do any work till Jan. 5 *sighhh

I know that Colorado is due jan 5 (they say you can fax unofficial if it doesnt get there on time)

I know my transcripts won't be mailed by Monday...do you have the fax number for Colorado? I keep looking, but not sure where to find it!
Thanks

Their website is confusing! Hope this helps :)

Fall 2008 grades must be received in the Office of the Dean at Colorado State University by January 5, 2009, to be considered with the application. If it seems likely that your fall transcripts may not arrive by this date, you may fax your fall unofficial grades to 970-491-2250 as soon as you know them. Please list the name and prefix of the courses, credits (semester or quarter) and grade. Official fall transcripts will be required to document emailed grades prior to an offer of admission. If admitted, applicants must send official spring 2009 transcripts, including all required courses, directly to the Office of the Dean at CSU by July 15, 2009.

http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/procs.htm

Haha not only are my schools refusing to have grades available, I have also not heard from either of my teachers so I don't even know what my unofficial grades are! Luckily neither of my Fall courses (2nd sem O-chem and Micro Lab) were really essential to my Colorado app. I did notice that they say they will give full consideration to any apps that are missing Fall transcripts, so I'm guessing this won't be too big of a deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Their website is confusing! Hope this helps :)

Fall 2008 grades must be received in the Office of the Dean at Colorado State University by January 5, 2009, to be considered with the application. If it seems likely that your fall transcripts may not arrive by this date, you may fax your fall unofficial grades to 970-491-2250 as soon as you know them. Please list the name and prefix of the courses, credits (semester or quarter) and grade. Official fall transcripts will be required to document emailed grades prior to an offer of admission. If admitted, applicants must send official spring 2009 transcripts, including all required courses, directly to the Office of the Dean at CSU by July 15, 2009.

http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/cvmbs/procs.htm

Thanks for the info! Good Luck!:xf:

So i had my fall transcripts sent out to CSU, WESTERN, and DAVIS and I checked for delivery conformation today for all 3 schools and for davis and western the usps website states that a notice was left on 12/31 for the school to pick up at the post office. Will they actually go pick up the transcripts or will the post office try to redeliver them. Do any of you guys know??

Just an FYI... CSU updated my status page with my fall transcript today, in case anybody else was thinking they should have gotten one earlier this week. I was starting to think about where I could make a long distance fax on Monday so I was happy. In my case, I definitely wanted my transcript to be seen since most of my classes are 10+ years old, so I wanted them to see that I am still able to do well! I think I could have a nervous breakdown next week thinking about the committee sitting around discussing all of us though!:eek:

Just an FYI... CSU updated my status page with my fall transcript today, in case anybody else was thinking they should have gotten one earlier this week.

I also had my status page updated at CSU with my Fall Transcripts having been received (although I'm not sure they actually received the actual transcripts, they might have received my unofficial report of my grades since my transcripts won't be sent out until mid-January).

In my case, I definitely wanted my transcript to be seen since most of my classes are 10+ years old, so I wanted them to see that I am still able to do well! I think I could have a nervous breakdown next week thinking about the committee sitting around discussing all of us though!:eek:

I'm in a similar situation...I took 4 science pre-req classes this semester and REALLY needed my 4.0 GPA to be seen! I was ready to throw in the towel thinking of them making all these decisions without these 4 big classes! Hopefully it will make a difference - especially since I'm headed out of the country for 2 weeks starting in a few hours and won't have any contact with schools during that time.

Anyone having trouble faxing unofficial transcripts to the CSU fax number?
(970-491-2250). I'm getting no answer :(

Anyone having trouble faxing unofficial transcripts to the CSU fax number?
(970-491-2250). I'm getting no answer :(

I had mine sent right after they came out (Xmas day, but they got sent out the 29th bc the office was closed for the weekend)...I had no idea about the faxing thing an now I'm nervous -- did it have to be faxed during business hours? :(

Hum, I didn't have any trouble with sending the fax. I faxed mine to Colorado yesterday morning (maybe 10am their time?)... they showed up on my status page as received by yesterday evening. I hope everything worked out for everybody!

Hum, I didn't have any trouble with sending the fax. I faxed mine to Colorado yesterday morning (maybe 10am their time?)... they showed up on my status page as received by yesterday evening. I hope everything worked out for everybody!

What's the link to the status page?

edit: elefante beat me to the punch.

I faxed my transcript yesterday afternoon (around 3:30 Colorado time) and it was updated on the status page before the end of the day...

Hope everyone got their transcripts in! We should start to hear in a few weeks!

Last edited: