Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Fall 2009 - UBC Applicants

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by anyr, Jan 4, 2009.

1. anyr

anyr BOSS FIGHT
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    There seems to be a lack of threads for us potential UBC'ers, so voila: our very own thread.

How's your application coming along? Where else are you planning on applying? Anyone planning on applying down in the states? ARE YOU AS NERVOUS AS I AM.

First time applying this year and I'm really hoping I won't have to reapply next year...which will undoubtedly be the case otherwise. I'm working on my personal statement right now and studying for the Jan PCAT since my last score is not worthy of mention. It says their average PCAT scores are 85-90%, so I'm really hoping they won't mind if I get like an 80 or something (because that's probably what I'm going to get). I wish we had more options for pharmacy schools, but I suppose it can't really be helped seeing as how the state of California has more people than our entire country hahaha.

Good luck gang. On a side note, is anyone else getting their hate on for this ridiculously cold weather we're having?! Good grief, way to put a damper on my application spirit.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OChemTA

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm also applying to UBC this year. It'll be my first time applying to UBC and second time applying to the U of A. I took the Jan PCAT last year and got a composite of 93th percentile. My UBC stats sucks though cause my first year in uni sucked (I'm in my third year now). So I have a ~75% for UBC. Unfortunatly, you can't really upgrade anything to show that you improved (at least for UBC)... so even though I aced my third year advanced organic chemistry and instrumental analysis courses it won't really matter in UBC's eyes. My cGPA for U of A is ~3.65 and pre-req GPA for U of A is 3.6 or 3.63 depending on whether I can ace biochem 330. You guys have no idea how much I want to get into the UBC or U of A pharmacy program...

I applied to SUNY buffalo this year, but apparently, none of the english courses at U of A is equivalent to their english... so yea, few hundred bucks wasted there.

I wanted to apply to UToronto but then I didn't realize their deadline was december... so yea...

Lastly, I'm also from BC but I go to the U of A for school... and I don't think you should b!tch about the weather there since it -17C here this morning. When I was writing my finals, at night time, it was -30C!!!

Back to school... *sigh*