HOOSIERx

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just e-submitted my PharmCAS on July 21st.
Applying to:

USC
UIC
Midwestern-DG
Iowa
Purdue
Florida

Also applying to University of Southern Nevada

Curious to see if anyone has an idea to how many people started applying to the first-come schools that dont require PCAT (USC and Purdue)??????????????

I'm from the NW Suburbs of Chicago and I go to Indiana University, planning to graduate in May 2010. Any other Hoosiers applying to pharm. schools?

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Hey there Hoos,

I also applied to USC. I am not sure how many other early applicants there are among us here on SDN ,but I'm sure lots of over-achievers are getting their stuff in early also. I am really hoping for that 21 November interview session!

OP
HOOSIERx

HOOSIERx

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I like the quick response. I am going to send in my PharmD. supp. app. either tonight or sometime 2maro. Its been about 50 days since they've began accepting applications.

I'm thinking its kinda late.

Also still havent taken Micro, Cell Bio, or BioChem. But I will b4 I graduate.

GPA is 3.75. Science 3.67.
1+ Year CPhT
Volunteered Clinical and Retail and work as tech. at CVS.

Hopefully the extra $200 I'm spendin to apply to USC ain't a waste.:xf:

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
I like the quick response. I am going to send in my PharmD. supp. app. either tonight or sometime 2maro. Its been about 50 days since they've began accepting applications.

I'm thinking its kinda late.

Also still havent taken Micro, Cell Bio, or BioChem. But I will b4 I graduate.

GPA is 3.75. Science 3.67.
1+ Year CPhT
Volunteered Clinical and Retail and work as tech. at CVS.

Hopefully the extra $200 I'm spendin to apply to USC ain't a waste.:xf:
What's your PharmCAS GPA, if you've gotten that?

I don't think it's late in general, but it might be late for the November 21 interview session. Your stats are competitive, and even without those 3 classes, you'll be fine. ECs and work experience... You sound ideal to me.

I doubt you've got anything to worry about :thumbup:

sungieality

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Oh no, really? I haven't submitted or even started the supp for USC yet, I guess I am lagging compared to most. I was planning on an early August submission :(

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
New Jersey
www.pharmapplicants.com
Status
Pharmacist
Oh no, really? I haven't submitted or even started the supp for USC yet, I guess I am lagging compared to most. I was planning on an early August submission :(
Yes! get this done before your other apps!!

good luck to everyone else! those november interviews are not too far away!

delano2000

D-Mod likes to parTAY
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
Texas
Status
Pharmacist
I'm thinking bout getting mine done by the end of August. Anyone applying to pharmacy schools here in Texas? I need to make some forum buddies that might be applying here to get through this app process cause i feel like i am behind

futurepharm2010

10+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
Status
Non-Student
for those of you that submitted your pharmcas already....do you mind letting me know how you formatted your statement? was it just a normal essay-format? or did you write as a letter...meaning addressing to the admission's committee in general?

having a problem how to finish this part....

many thanks.

puremagic02

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2009
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Did you guys have to wait for confirmation from PCAS before summiting the supp. apps??

socalgirlie

PharmD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
Woo just submitted pharmcas :D...now if I can just get those darn supplementals done!!

fenderbiz

10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2009
Status
I encourage you all to sign up for pharmapplicants.com. It's very useful to present and future applicants. One of the SDN members was kind enough to put the time and effort into making it.