Fall 2012 Touro Bayshore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MadMax88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is going?

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting to hear back so I can make my decision

Members don't see this ad :)
I have also paid my deposit. Not 100% that I will be attending yet, though.

did they give you two weeks to pay the deposit? I am trying to hold out as much as possible because of its reputation. still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools

My acceptance said I had 4 weeks to make the deposit.

To anyone waiting for a decision from Touro, try calling up admissions and asking for an update on your application. I called them last week and received my acceptance letter later that same day.

I emailed them asking for an update and they emailed me later that day saying that my app is still in review...ugh I'm so tired of waiting!! I just want to know.

I agree the waiting game is torture. However since I am from NY Ive met with the director of the program several times. They mainly just look for a 3.0 science gpa and 1000 or better on the GRE (old version). However he did say that there was over 1000 applications this cycle. Just hang in there im sure good news is around the corner. Good Luck!

hey guys,
Im currently a Touro Bay Shore 2nd year student. Hit me up if you have any questions :)

tomsik i have a question for you. Could you tell me what the schedule was like your first semester. Mon-thru friday? what time to what time. Undergrad was all over the place but I am assuming this is a very structured program so I was jw what the typical week looked like as far as class time.

We had Mon-Thurs classes generally from 9-5 with a lunch break.

who is definitely going? We should set up a facebook group or something

My brother is going. If anyone is looking for a roommate I'll be glad to get you in touch!

Yes someone please make a Facebook and post the link here, I keep looking for info about this school and can't find anything. I was given a realtor to contact by the school that will help set everyone up with roommates. Her name is Suzanne Herrick at century 21 (631)968-5300

Hey Guys,
Im going to be a 3rd year at the Bay Shore campus and am looking for 1-2 new roommates because mine are graduating this year. If interested please contact me on here or [email protected]

Hello everyone, I submitted my application recently and now I am concerned. I received an email from admissions saying that "Your application is currently on hold and you are encouraged to update the Office of Admissions with any applicable items that may contribute positively to your application" Examples are: updated transcripts, updated gre scores.

Here are my stats
Health Science Bachelor Degree: Pre-PT concentration
Last 60 credit hours GPA: 3.6
University GPA 3.3
PTCAS GPA: 3.1
Pre-req GPA/Science GPA: ranges from 3.0-3.1 on PTCAS
GRE: 150 v/150 q and 4.0 writing

I've also worked in home care PT and out-patient PT for the past 5 years full time and volunteer a lot along with shadowing in-patient care >100 hours.

I already submitted everything. I clearly meet the minimum and even exceed that. So what's the deal? Did anybody get a similar answer?
I am so frustrated because of this. I am currently taking classes and graduate in December, but it says on PTCAS what I am taking this semester (of course I don't have grades from this semester yet) and everything is up to date with my records on PTCAS.
Also, my past 2 years (or last 60 credit hours) my GPA is well over a 3.6, and this is in all my upper level science courses.