RoadRageR

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello!

Has anyone received any interview requests yet from any Pharmacy Schools? (Early decision OR Regular decision)?

If so, list what schools!

Good luck to everyone!

May 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I think I submitted on Aug 2nd/3rd. I received a call for an interview a day or two later. Interview isn't until September though.

Reactions: piggy88
OP
R

RoadRageR

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
PharmCAS verified my GPA in 3 days! Submitted 7/25 and got verified 7/28.. Still waiting for July PCAT to post though...

May 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yes, I guess because not a lot of people had submitted yet. I'm also waiting for the PCAT score to show. Wingate had me fax an unofficial score to them.

Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
PharmCAS verified my GPA in 3 days! Submitted 7/25 and got verified 7/28.. Still waiting for July PCAT to post though...
Hi there, I was wondering for them to verify your GPA, does this happen after you input all your courses manually or after they receive all your transcripts?

OP
R

RoadRageR

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Has anybody who took July 21/22 PCAT had their scores reported to PharmCAS? Pearson said they sent the scores on August 9th, but there is still nothing in my file. I keep getting emails saying my application is incomplete.. :arghh:

mjkez

2+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2016
Has anybody who took July 21/22 PCAT had their scores reported to PharmCAS? Pearson said they sent the scores on August 9th, but there is still nothing in my file. I keep getting emails saying my application is incomplete.. :arghh:
I took the July PCAT, still waiting for them to be reported to pharmcas as well :/

OP
R

RoadRageR

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
FYI, PCAT scores for July 2016 have been posted to PharmCAS!

Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
May I ask what your stats are and when did you submit your PharmCAS application and supplemental?
I have a 3.91 GPA and a 97th percentile composite PCAT score. I have done multiple years of volunteering and shadowing and I was a pharmacy technician this summer.
UIC received my supplemental application on September 6th and I just found out about my interview yesterday morning

Doctor Mario

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
I just received an interview for Roseman University. I interview on October 18th at the Henderson campus. They mentioned a writing assessment portion, whats that about?

Reactions: YTAZ

sulgi1993

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I got an interview for Midwestern-Glendale which I did this past week, I have an interview for Texas Tech on the 30th, and I'm scheduling my interview with UIC right now, which I think I'm going to schedule on the 6th!

Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I got an interview for Midwestern-Glendale which I did this past week, I have an interview for Texas Tech on the 30th, and I'm scheduling my interview with UIC right now, which I think I'm going to schedule on the 6th!
My interview is on the 6th as well!

Reactions: sulgi1993
Jul 24, 2016
I received 2 interviews; one at Rosalind Franklin Chicago & the other at Midwestern downers grove il. Does anyone has an idea what type of interview questions do they ask?

OP
R

RoadRageR

2+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2016
Status
So far i have gotten inteviews from Shenandoah, Howard, Chicago State, Albany, High Point, and Northeastern

Sep 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I just received an interview for Roseman University. I interview on October 18th at the Henderson campus. They mentioned a writing assessment portion, whats that about?
Ohmygosh I really want to go to Roseman so bad...I just sent my supp on 09/20...Hopefully I get interview(the thing is my PCAT isn't that impressive) other than that Im good....if you don't mind me asking what's GPA and PCAT scores?? Thanks

Sep 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Any one got Interview from California Northstate University? Mine is next week(09/30)....lawd

Doctor Mario

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
Ohmygosh I really want to go to Roseman so bad...I just sent my supp on 09/20...Hopefully I get interview(the thing is my PCAT isn't that impressive) other than that Im good....if you don't mind me asking what's GPA and PCAT scores?? Thanks
My major (non science) GPA was a 3.7, cumulative GPA was a 3.4 and my science GPA was a 3.4! No PCAT score, because I have a Bachelors degree, so that requirement was waived. Good luck, my friend! Roseman has a very hands on and impressive program. I'm excited! Hope you get an interview! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:

YTAZ

2+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The writing portion isn't that bad. Simple question for example; describe one of your qualities? Something like that. Let me know if you need anything. I am a P1 at RU. Best of luck!

Reactions: jonpharm

YTAZ

2+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2015
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Even if you have a low PCAT, you might still be invited for interview. It's not a big deal.

Good luck!

Reactions: Belinnaa
Sep 21, 2016
My major (non science) GPA was a 3.7, cumulative GPA was a 3.4 and my science GPA was a 3.4! No PCAT score, because I have a Bachelors degree, so that requirement was waived. Good luck, my friend! Roseman has a very hands on and impressive program. I'm excited! Hope you get an interview! I'm sure you'll be fine!

Is PCAT not required if you already have a bachelors? I was in the middle of studying for the PCAT in late Oct. Is the PCAT requirement waived for majority of the schools or are there only a handful that don't require it?

Sep 21, 2016
I've seen most schools require upper level biology courses such as microbio, physiology, anatomy, etc. Does anyone have a list of schools that shows their requirements? I know pittsburgh doesn't have anything required in upper level biology courses. Wondering if there are more schools around that do the same.

Doctor Mario

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
Is PCAT not required if you already have a bachelors? I was in the middle of studying for the PCAT in late Oct. Is the PCAT requirement waived for majority of the schools or are there only a handful that don't require it?
PCAT is not required at Roseman if you have a bachelors. About 10 prerequisite classes were required, however. If I recall correctly:

Anatomy
Physiology
Gen Chem 1
Gen Chem 2
Organic Chem 1
Organic Chem 2
Calculus
Microbiology
Speech
English Composition 1

Other schools, it will depend. Not all schools waive the PCAT requirement.

Doctor Mario

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
The writing portion isn't that bad. Simple question for example; describe one of your qualities? Something like that. Let me know if you need anything. I am a P1 at RU. Best of luck!
Thanks! Appreciate it. Ill keep you in mind for sure! How has your experience been thus far? Particularly curious about the exams. Have any trouble passing with that 90% and above?

Sep 21, 2016
PCAT is not required at Roseman if you have a bachelors. About 10 prerequisite classes were required, however. If I recall correctly:

Anatomy
Physiology
Gen Chem 1
Gen Chem 2
Organic Chem 1
Organic Chem 2
Calculus
Microbiology
Speech
English Composition 1

Other schools, it will depend. Not all schools waive the PCAT requirement.

Got it. Also, I am almost complete with my Pharmcas application. How long does the verification process take? And is it too late to be applying late october?

Doctor Mario

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2014
Status
Got it. Also, I am almost complete with my Pharmcas application. How long does the verification process take? And is it too late to be applying late october?
It depends on the volume of applications coming in. Mine only took a week to be verified, but I submitted my application literally the day Pharmcas opened back in July. October I assume
Is one of the more high volume months, so plan for 4-5 weeks. It could be less, but it's always better to be prepared for the worst.

Not too late, in my opinion. I got an interview last year and I applied in October.

Sep 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Even if you have a low PCAT, you might still be invited for interview. It's not a big deal.

Good luck!
Hopefully! How long did it took you to get the interview invite after you submitted all your apps? I haven't heard anything yet

aless

2+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I've got my interview with UF on Friday and I got my acceptance today, for any questions message me :)

Jul 18, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Had my interview at U.Tennessee Health Science Center on monday Oct 3rd, and received admission around 3 hours after my interview!