Fall schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adonis4.0

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of this schedule for a Bio/Eng double major w/ minor in chem?

neurobiology
biological evolution
physics 1
biochem
survey of eng lit
medievil lit
fencing

This will be the fall semester of my junior year...I'm really just not sure about taking bio evo, what do u guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

umm for one semester?

dude...i may have taken a lot but...6 classes is the most ive ever taken in a semester....ive done that a few times but i never thought about hitting up 7. maybe lucky in vegas....not so lucky in academics...

i mean you may think of it i as 6 too cause of fencing...but still...a class is a class. and physics should have a lab with it....

do you have to take bio evo? is it a req?

i mean im sure you can chill on that right?

but then again you are trying to double major and minor...

Members don't see this ad :)
it's completely doable... as a junior you should take biochem and physics 1 right away, so there's no changing that. neurobio is interesting, and what you cover in that class could overlap to a great extent with things going on in physics and biochem, so adding that won't make your life too unbearable. as for evo bio, i would nix that if you don't need it now... it won't help you on the MCAT and it might be something to save for senior year when you want to relax/make time for interviews.

dude,

last time you took a lot of courses u posted on sdn and complained about taking too many courses. learn from your mistakes.

also most of your post are about your schedule.. if u can't figure out your course load for yourself and know what you can handle as a junior... then thats bad.

if u just want props that u r the man for taking so many classes... props! u r the man.

mmz6

Get a life.

Sounds like another props *****. You won't get any props from me, ya props *****. Maybe you wanna mention your high GPA too while you're at it?

Woo-hoo! Fencing!

Your schedule is doable, but it doesn't sound like you'll have much of a life outside of class.

+pad+

'666' just isn't pretty

I could care less about 'props' from anyone, I'm taking these classes as I think I need to. Luckily--and I'm not trying to brag--I can handle studying and learning things fast. This semester I'm taking 26 hrs, nest semester it looks like 23. I don't need help making my schedule, but I am eager to hear what other people who may be in my situation, or have already been there might have to say. I'm not asking anyone to help me make a schedule, if I was I wouldn't have posted my tentative schedule. If some one feels like I'm making a mistake then point it out; but if you're gonna complain about what I'm doing because you can't or wont...well then thats your problem.
There is reason to my madness, and believe me if I was gonna have my face buried in a book all the time, I wouldn't take the courseload I'm thinking of. To each their own, if I can handle more than most, more power to me...if you could, I'm sure you would. By the way, Bio Evo is out and bacterial genetics is in.

Here are some of the things you have posted in the past. I'm no expert, but it seems you like to emphasize your achievements and course load a bit more than necessary. Also, I have noticed that you are perhaps double majoring to look good to medical schools. I have found that it is better to do things you are interested in, and not just to show medical schools.

Originally posted by Adonis4.0

Bio/Eng double major w/ minor in chem

The reason im taking the english classes is that my second major is in english, the first being in biology.

because of my enormous ego, i will not be dropping classes.

Last semester i was enrolled in 20 hrs and ended the semester with a 3.813 gpa. So the odds are with me...i think..

I can knockout A's in molecular and organic 2 no problem...

Currently i am enrolled in organic 1 w/ lab, a&p 1 w/ lab, cal 2, lit, poli sci 2 and a bio problems course....thats right 20 hrs.

Do you think this is adivsable...lol...i am not an overachiever...i have taken 17, 18, and now 20 hrs respectively and done well..i understand it is a lot of work...

My friends tell me that 4 sciences is tough for one sem...but how hard can it be?

What do you guys think of this schedule for a Bio/Eng double major w/ minor in chem?

Dude, your schedule is far too easy. Sure, you got four sciences, but why not make it six? Adcoms love nothing more than to see someone who is not only motivated but also exhibits total mastery of the course registration process. Enrolling for a large number of science courses (w/ labs, of course!) that don't conflict with each other is truly a feat. Don't stop climbing till you've reached the top. Also, I suggest dropping fencing and taking "gunning" instead. I hear being a gunner is much better than being a fencer in the eyes of med schools. Good luck and say hi to the library for me.

Adonis what school do you go to, I know at my school it would be impossible to schedule neurobiology, physics, bacterial genetics, and biochemistry without a time conflict. It would be even more difficult to do so with two upper level english courses. How are you doing this semester with twenty six hours?

Anyone know anything about bacterial genetics, I have been interested in taking this course?

3.813 :laugh: took it to the thousandths place....

26 units huh? im assuming you got approval from the dean to take that many...i had to get approval in order to take over 20...and they did try very hard to deny me...

but if you got approved then im sure you have nothing to worry about. your advisors would know best of how students at your school would be able to deal with the workload you have presented to us. you wont get anything useful unless you say what you school you are going to cause all schools are obviously different...