Fall Semester Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovemedhateap

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, if I'm applying this year, is anyone ever going to ask for my fall semester grades? Does amcas require the fall transcript?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

lovemedhateap said:
Just wondering, if I'm applying this year, is anyone ever going to ask for my fall semester grades? Does amcas require the fall transcript?
thanks.

i've heard some schools do and some schools don't - does anyone know anything more specific??

I go to UF and also applied to their medical school. It depends on your stats if they will ask for fall grades I think. I scored a 27(8,9,10) and they like to see 29+, so they want to make sure I can keep up. Their way of doing this is viewing consistency in my grades. I will probably need a 3.8 or better to keep in the race for a spot in their class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools do ask for fall grades before making a decision. I had a friend who was told his spring semester grades would determine if he got of a waitlist (although I think this is probably rare). If you are accepted, your school will want your final transcript.