Fall Semester Update options.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ManBroDude

Half man, half bearpig
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on a pre-interview hold at AZCOM, and haven't heard anything post-secondary from DMU, Nova, Western, and Touro-NV (complete in mid-October). I just finished my fall semester with a 4.0, taking 14 science credits. A couple of classes were retakes, bringing my sGPA up to 3.45 from 3.34.

I've been told they'll have their decisions made by the end of the year (in a couple of weeks!)

Should I have my registrar's office fax official transcripts directly to these schools, or should I send it to AACOMAS and wait a lifetime and a half for them to verify my grades? I'm excited to update the schools with my grades, but I feel if I go the AACOMAS route, the schools won't have the chance to factor my latest grades into their final decision.

What do, SDN!?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on a pre-interview hold at AZCOM, and haven't heard anything post-secondary from DMU, Nova, Western, and Touro-NV (complete in mid-October). I just finished my fall semester with a 4.0, taking 14 science credits. A couple of classes were retakes, bringing my sGPA up to 3.45 from 3.34.

I've been told they'll have their decisions made by the end of the year (in a couple of weeks!)

Should I have my registrar's office fax official transcripts directly to these schools, or should I send it to AACOMAS and wait a lifetime and a half for them to verify my grades? I'm excited to update the schools with my grades, but I feel if I go the AACOMAS route, the schools won't have the chance to factor my latest grades into their final decision.

What do, SDN!?

Congrats on the 0.11 sGPA increase; that's pretty significant! I know this is the cliche, annoying answer... but the best thing to do would be to call the schools individually. This will let them know to expect your transcript so they'll be looking for it rather than receiving it and being like "wtf is this?!"

Especially with something as important as this, and their decision deadline approaching quickly, definitely call.

Congrats on the 0.11 sGPA increase; that's pretty significant! I know this is the cliche, annoying answer... but the best thing to do would be to call the schools individually. This will let them know to expect your transcript so they'll be looking for it rather than receiving it and being like "wtf is this?!"

Especially with something as important as this, and their decision deadline approaching quickly, definitely call.

I agree, call and see if you can fax it to them, then call later to verify that they received it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah contact the schools directly. Don't waste time with aacomas unless they say to.
I am a reapplicant this year, I updated school with fall grades last year... I called each adcom and told them that I had updated transcripts and they will most likely ask you to submit through aacomas unfortunately. So I just got everything through as fast as possible. But definetly call them and let them know that you have an update coming!

I am a reapplicant this year, I updated school with fall grades last year... I called each adcom and told them that I had updated transcripts and they will most likely ask you to submit through aacomas unfortunately. So I just got everything through as fast as possible. But definetly call them and let them know that you have an update coming!

Well that makes sense. As long as the schools know. I doubt anyone would notice if someone just did aacomas without telling the schools.

I talked with admissions at a few schools about this and they said to update AACOMAS, but to email them a copy of your unofficial transcript in the meantime,along with any significant ECs you might have accomplished over the semester. Hope that helps!