Fall Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glg923

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was thinking that we could put together a thread for which schools are requesting fall transcripts be sent in, and which date that they're due.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What a coincidence, I was trying to make this list last night!
Here's what I have:
Wisconsin - by 1/19/16
Illinois - by 2/1/2016
Iowa - by 2/1/2016
Auburn - bring copy of transcript and spring schedule to interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LSU- 2/1
Mississippi State- 1/16 *electronic copy acceptable*

Sooooo hypothetically if fall transcripts aren't stellar, how much weight do they put on them?

Missouri- bring to interview
Washington- bring to interview

Virginia/Maryland - 6/30/16

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooooo hypothetically if fall transcripts aren't stellar, how much weight do they put on them?

I think this will depend on the school. I would call and ask. I don't know if any school factors in fall grades. However, they might ask you what happened in the interview, even if they're not factored into any calculations.

I think this will depend on the school. I would call and ask. I don't know if any school factors in fall grades. However, they might ask you what happened in the interview, even if they're not factored into any calculations.
It would probably matter a lot if you sent in a transcript that showed you got below a C- in a prereq though. That's the only thing I can think of. Or if you didn't do well at all in the fall, and it dragged your cGPA below their minimum. I haven't heard of that happening, but don't some schools say they reserve the right to rescind interview invites just as they would admission offers?

It would probably matter a lot if you sent in a transcript that showed you got below a C- in a prereq though. That's the only thing I can think of. Or if you didn't do well at all in the fall, and it dragged your cGPA below their minimum. I haven't heard of that happening, but don't some schools say they reserve the right to rescind interview invites just as they would admission offers?

Yes they do. Mississippi State said, in my interview invitation email mind you, that though fall grades don't go into calculations, your GPA still must be above the minimum (2.9 I believe there) in order to remain eligible. And definitely, if you failed a prereq obviously that's a whole other issue.

What a coincidence, I was trying to make this list last night!
Here's what I have:
Wisconsin - by 1/19/16
Illinois - by 2/1/2016
Iowa - by 2/1/2016
Auburn - bring copy of transcript and spring schedule to interview

In the email I received from Illinois, they expect them by mid-January now, not February 1!

"Fall transcripts are due in our office now. If we do not receive updated transcripts by mid-January we reserve the right to rescind interview offers or delete a candidate from the pool for failing to verify adequate academic progress in achieving all prerequisite requirements"

CSU- accepted and alternates need to upload fall transcripts by February 1st

In the email I received from Illinois, they expect them by mid-January now, not February 1!

"Fall transcripts are due in our office now. If we do not receive updated transcripts by mid-January we reserve the right to rescind interview offers or delete a candidate from the pool for failing to verify adequate academic progress in achieving all prerequisite requirements"
Yikes!

Yes I was wondering the same thing as I'm getting some of my grades back haha. I definitely got more than a couple of Bs, but do you guys think that as long as there are no C's involved then it won't hurt our chances? I was freaking out about this all day haha

Yes I was wondering the same thing as I'm getting some of my grades back haha. I definitely got more than a couple of Bs, but do you guys think that as long as there are no C's involved then it won't hurt our chances? I was freaking out about this all day haha
Even Cs won't kill you. As long as your gpa doesn't do a total nose dive, they aren't going to care. Besides, at this point you cannot change it, so just try to be positive and not stress about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Even Cs won't kill you. As long as your gpa doesn't do a total nose dive, they aren't going to care. Besides, at this point you cannot change it, so just try to be positive and not stress about it.
yea i think you're right, and it's not affecting our GPA calculations. what's done is done haha

Yep, my semester was like this, too. Two As, three Bs, and a C in biochem (was not a fan of the class structure at all, and the professor wouldn't round my grade up from an 79.8%... oi). Unless it drags your GPA below the school's minimum, I wouldn't worry about it.

Yep, my semester was like this, too. Two As, three Bs, and a C in biochem (was not a fan of the class structure at all, and the professor wouldn't round my grade up from an 79.8%... oi). Unless it drags your GPA below the school's minimum, I wouldn't worry about it.

That's been my fear. I applied as a 3.9 candidate with not a ton of experience and a nontrad student, but this semester I'll have a 3.4 bringing me down to a 3.7. I know that's still high/good but I'm just freaking out because my GPA (I think) has carried me where other parts of my application were weak. I had two really terrible professors this semester and I was flying all over the country for interviews leading up to/during finals week, so it definitely showed. Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better now!

Hey guys, not sure if this is a good place to ask this question or not, but it does pertain to fall transcripts. I got a 4.0 for the semester, so I'm really excited to send it off to schools. However, anyone who followed my dilemma from about a month ago...I had a vet school interview that was the same day as my chorus concert, so I had to drop out of chorus for the semester. So on my transcript, you'll see four A's and one 1-credit W in chorus. Is this something I should email all the schools who are getting my fall transcripts about? Or are they not gonna care since it's chorus and everything else is an A?

Hey guys, not sure if this is a good place to ask this question or not, but it does pertain to fall transcripts. I got a 4.0 for the semester, so I'm really excited to send it off to schools. However, anyone who followed my dilemma from about a month ago...I had a vet school interview that was the same day as my chorus concert, so I had to drop out of chorus for the semester. So on my transcript, you'll see four A's and one 1-credit W in chorus. Is this something I should email all the schools who are getting my fall transcripts about? Or are they not gonna care since it's chorus and everything else is an A?
They aren't going to care. It isn't a prerequisite. :)

To add to the list because I just called some schools that I couldn't find on their website:

Oklahoma- 1/15/2016
Wisconsin - 1/19/2016
Georgia 1/20
Illinois - 2/1/2016
Iowa - 2/1/2016
LSU- 2/1
NCSU: by 2/1/2016
Auburn - bring to interview
Ohio - 6/1
VA/MD - 6/30
Cornell- June if accepted
Purdue- Spring transcripts only if accepted
Colorado- Upload to portal
Midwestern- As soon as possible

Florida, they said they are happy if they get them by the end of January!

And upenn said if your invited for an interview they would like you to either send them in or bring a hard copy to your interview

From what I have read it sounds like Tennessee wants fall transcripts ASAP(sent immediately after completion of courses)!

I am taking animal nutrition and animal science correspondence courses from OkState. I listed them as fall 2015 courses on my VMCAS application but I actually have a year to complete them. I haven't actually completed them yet so obviously no grades or transcripts are available. Has anyone had a similar situation and do you know how schools handle it?

What about tufts?

Tufts said they don't require fall grades for applicants but certainly welcome them. If you want them calculated into your GPA they need to be official and sending sooner rather than later would be good.

I am taking animal nutrition and animal science correspondence courses from OkState. I listed them as fall 2015 courses on my VMCAS application but I actually have a year to complete them. I haven't actually completed them yet so obviously no grades or transcripts are available. Has anyone had a similar situation and do you know how schools handle it?

I'd probably contact each school individually to notify them of the change. Is nutrition a prereq for any of your schools? If it is, it will probably need to be completed by the end of the spring 2016 semester to remain in the 2015-2016 applicant pool. Most schools don't accept summer classes for the summer semester prior to matriculation.

Oklahoma- 1/15/2016
Wisconsin - 1/19/2016
Georgia 1/20
Illinois - 1/15/2016
Iowa - 2/1/2016
LSU- 2/1
NCSU: by 2/1/2016
Ohio - 6/1
VA/MD - 6/30

^ Maybe change the list because Colorado is also only if accepted or alternate and the due date is 2/1/2016
They also told me to upload an official copy even though some schools have it where if you open the official copy it becomes unofficial but they understand that.

I found this on NC State's website:

Applicants completing coursework in the fall semester are required to submit fall 2015 official transcripts to NC State at the completion of the semester but no later than January 15, 2016. Due to the volume of applications received, exceptions to this deadline will not be considered.

Applicants completing courses in the spring semester of the application cycle who are offered admission must submit official transcripts to the CVM Student Services Office by June 1, 2016 showing conferral of degree, completion of courses (whether prerequisites or not), or both (if applicable).

Does it say somewhere else that they're due 2/1/16?

We can just add information to the list as we find it. It's now in alphabetical order so it would be pretty easy to add to and we continue the list like we do the acceptances, rejections, interviews, etc. threads.

Georgia 1/20
Illinois - 1/15/2016
Iowa - 2/1/2016
LSU- 2/1
NCSU: by 1/15/2016
Ohio - 6/1
Oklahoma- 1/15/2016
VA/MD - 6/30
Wisconsin - 1/19/2016

Applicants completing coursework in the fall semester are required to submit fall 2015 official transcripts to NC State at the completion of the semester but no later than January 15, 2016. Due to the volume of applications received, exceptions to this deadline will not be considered.

Applicants completing courses in the spring semester of the application cycle who are offered admission must submit official transcripts to the CVM Student Services Office by June 1, 2016 showing conferral of degree, completion of courses (whether prerequisites or not), or both (if applicable).

Does the website happen to say the address we should send transcripts to?

Does the website happen to say the address we should send transcripts to?
\

Yes!

NC State University
College of Veterinary Medicine
Student Services Office
1060 William Moore Drive
Box 8401
Raleigh, NC 27607

The receipt of credentials email said by Feb 1st, but probably not a bad plan to go ahead and send them in just in case. :thumbup:

biochem was awful!! definitely brought my gpa down..

Hey guy! Any idea what address we send our fall transcripts to for Georgia??

Western University wants them by the end of January 2016.

Do all fall transcripts need to be sent directly to the school (ie. not through VMCAS)?

Georgia 1/20
Illinois - 1/15/2016
Iowa - 2/1/2016
LSU- 2/1
Ohio - 6/1
Oklahoma- 1/15/2016
VA/MD - 6/30
Western--1/31/2016
Wisconsin - 1/19/2016

@katezebra, you would send it directly to the school.

Georgia 1/20
Illinois - 1/15/2016
Iowa - 2/1/2016
LSU- 2/1
Ohio - 6/1
Oklahoma- 1/15/2016
Texas A&M: send fall transcripts to TMDSAS by 1/15/2016
VA/MD - 6/30
Western--1/31/2016
Wisconsin - 1/19/2016

Does anyone know the address for fall transcripts to be sent to Tuskegee and Virginia Maryland?

Does anyone know anything about Michigan? I can't find anything in my emails or on their webpage.

Does anyone know anything about Michigan? I can't find anything in my emails or on their webpage.

I was accepted to Michigan, and I got an email that said they needed official transcripts by July 1, 2016. So I would assume matriculating students only need to send them.

I am super nervous about these transcripts getting there in time. They were sent out on Jan 4th and none have reached the schools yet and some are due on the 15th. Should I wait a little or resend?