false alarm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimidoc^2

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an awful experience when I came home today. Sometime in mid-February, I am supposed to receive a decision letter from a school I interviewed at. I've been anticipating the news for the past week, hoping it will come a little early. Today, there was a package from the school in the mail--I thought it had to be an acceptance! Much to my dismay, when I ripped it open it was only a letter and packet of info regarding financial aid. The letter explained that the school sends this to all applicants regardless of admission status :( :thumbdown:
Has this happened to anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Several schools do that to get a leg up on the financial aid process in order to offer the best packages before the May 15th deadline for those individuals who take into account their financial packages when considering whether or not to go there.

Mimidoc^2 said:
I had an awful experience when I came home today. Sometime in mid-February, I am supposed to receive a decision letter from a school I interviewed at. I've been anticipating the news for the past week, hoping it will come a little early. Today, there was a package from the school in the mail--I thought it had to be an acceptance! Much to my dismay, when I ripped it open it was only a letter and packet of info regarding financial aid. The letter explained that the school sends this to all applicants regardless of admission status :( :thumbdown:
Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, I got it too. I was having grand visions of another trip back to Charleston as I was opening it, but much to my dismay, they vanished when I saw the FAFSA forms. They said not for another week or so, so hang tight, and good luck.