False since of Security

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RobbingReality

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently completed Kaplans test 5 and scored a 31 on it, and although this seems good, I never scored above a 25 on the other 4. Is Kaplan trying to lure me into a false since of security for test day, or were the other 4 harder and this one is comprable to the real MCAT. I hear of others saying that they usually score 3 pts higher on the real MCAT than on Kaplans material, is this true?I need answers it is only one week away and I have to get into medical school so my whole life depends on how you answer:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

RobbingReality said:
I just recently completed Kaplans test 5 and scored a 31 on it, and although this seems good, I never scored above a 25 on the other 4. Is Kaplan trying to lure me into a false since of security for test day, or were the other 4 harder and this one is comprable to the real MCAT. I hear of others saying that they usually score 3 pts higher on the real MCAT than on Kaplans material, is this true?I need answers it is only one week away and I have to get into medical school so my whole life depends on how you answer:laugh:

Hi there,
Chill out. Essentially, the only scores that count are the ones that you get back after you have taken the MCAT. Your scores on Kaplan's tests are pretty meaningless because Kaplan does not administer the MCAT. If you scored 45 on the Kaplan exam and 15 on the real test, you have a problem. If you score 25 on the Kaplan exam and 45 on the MCAT, you are in good shape unless your GPA is toast.

Right now, wind down your reviews and try to stop obsessing about practice exam scores. At this late date, all you can do is keep reviewing, get a good nights sleep and do your best on the MCAT exam. You really don't have any good predictors so get the mindset now to : 1. Read every question and answer the question that is asked. 2. Stop obsessing about things that do not help your performance 3. Get a good night's sleep so you don't get crazy on test day and screw up 4. Realize that either you are going to get into medical school or you are not. Have a solid Plan B ready in case you do not get into medical school.

Although you desire a career in medicine, medicine and medical school is not the only thing that you can do with your life. Chill dude and continue do some constructive reviews so that you can get the best score possible on the upcoming exam which will greatly increase your chances. If you have done some solid preparation and you don't make yourself crazy, you will be allright. At this point, either you are ready or you are not. Only you can realistically answer that question.

nbjmd :cool:

why don't you just take an AAMC exam?
the AAMC website says they are "actual MCAT questions from previously administered exams"
PT 8 was just released
buy it and take it