Fam Med Shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThinkFast007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
question about this bad boy.

so basically we have to know q subject matter, except surgery I presume???

Anyone have a take on this?

Gracias

Members don't see this ad.

ThinkFast007 said:
question about this bad boy.

so basically we have to know q subject matter, except surgery I presume???

Anyone have a take on this?

Gracias
bumpity bump

Members don't see this ad :)
...sorry, but what's "q subject matter"?

I am just trudging through the Swanson book and doing NMS questions (which are really hard, by the way--lots of statistical info, percentages, etc--what's up with that?).

I heard it was one of the toughest shelfs.

Good luck!

Yeah, the FM shelf kind of sucks. It was my first shelf, and quite honestly, it felt just like taking Step 1 again. I remember looking at all my classmates and they were just as dazed as I was after taking it. Still haven't gotten the results back yet, but I'm pretty sure I at least passed it. I did Blueprints and NMS, and I think those helped a bit, but not all that much.

I actually thought the FM and Psyche shelf were the easiest of the shelf exams (the only two shelf exams I actually finished early and was preety confident I did well in when I finished).

I did some selected reading of the Essentials of Family Medicine by LWW and did almost all of the questions from the NMS book and took notes. That NMS book is da bomb for the FM shelf. It is to FM what the MKSAP book is to IM.