Familial connection

Started by chungit12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chungit12

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does having a relative who matriculated from a certain school increases the change of getting accepted to that school? I have a cousin who graduated from Upenn in 2004 and he was MAD smart.
 
I think if you don't have disqualifying stats, then having a relative (the closer, the better) alumni will help smooth out the interview process and give u a better edge than not. My sister goes to UIC COD and due to this, I've already spoken with the director of admissions face to face.