Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this question to the students on the allopathic thread but realized it was likely missing out on much of the input of partners.
Im a married MS-1 and my wife and I have been considering having children in the near future. However, we need a better understanding of how people have made that work so that we can formulate a plan and decide if it's a good decision for our potential kids and for us. For those of you who have done this or are raising a family now while your partner is in med school:
1. What have you done?
Worked? Schooled? Stayed at home? Something else?
2. How have you made this work?
a. Financially?
b. Childcare arrangements (stay at home Vs. support network assistance Vs. daycare, etc.)?
c. Homework?--how does the student balance course work and time at school with being a good parent?
3. Any other details that you've found important in your experience that I'm not thinking of yet.
Thanks for your time and we look forward to your advice.
Im a married MS-1 and my wife and I have been considering having children in the near future. However, we need a better understanding of how people have made that work so that we can formulate a plan and decide if it's a good decision for our potential kids and for us. For those of you who have done this or are raising a family now while your partner is in med school:
1. What have you done?
Worked? Schooled? Stayed at home? Something else?
2. How have you made this work?
a. Financially?
b. Childcare arrangements (stay at home Vs. support network assistance Vs. daycare, etc.)?
c. Homework?--how does the student balance course work and time at school with being a good parent?
3. Any other details that you've found important in your experience that I'm not thinking of yet.
Thanks for your time and we look forward to your advice.
My husband and I made the same decision. I dont think that being a spouse makes my post any more or less valid than Student07 who is a medical student who has a spouse
particularly since the original poster is a medical student who has a spouse and not the spouse of a medical student.