family doc

Started by jok200
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jok200

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was informed critical care fellowships are only for, internal med, anesthesiology, surgery but I was wondering if any are available for family med docs?

thks-
 
I was informed critical care fellowships are only for, internal med, anesthesiology, surgery but I was wondering if any are available for family med docs?

thks-

Not really. Even if you did get someone to take you into their program you would not be board eligible.

There may be FM departments somewhere where they may take a guy for extra training because they run their own ICUs. There was a thread about this, kind of, in the FM forum about a year ago. You could re-ask there.