Family Med Cases exam/preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aloepathic

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Apparently a bunch of schools (including my own) have ditched the FM shelf and switched to a new system created up at Dartmouth. We use an online database of interactive cases over the course of the shelf (~40 family cases) then take an exam created by the same people.

Has anyone taken this test, used these cases, heard of this system? Anyone have advice on prepping or thoughts on the test? Are the cases enough?
 
Apparently a bunch of schools (including my own) have ditched the FM shelf and switched to a new system created up at Dartmouth. We use an online database of interactive cases over the course of the shelf (~40 family cases) then take an exam created by the same people.

Has anyone taken this test, used these cases, heard of this system? Anyone have advice on prepping or thoughts on the test? Are the cases enough?

Are these the FMcases from med-u.org or something else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We used fmcases, SIMPLE, and CLIPP cases this year. My school does a home-grown FM exam, so no fmcase/shelf experience. However, I just took my CLIPP exam last week, and it wasn't bad. I'd' been using Peds Case Files, and then I printed out all the CLIPP case summaries and read through each of them once or twice- halfheartedly b/c I was completely burned out. I think I did ok- it was manageable with just that level of work.

The nice thing was that, as compared with shelf exams, our percentage scores were back the next day. (I just haven't called to get mine yet.) Surprised the heck out of me.