Family medicine COMAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hawthorn9797

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the Family Medicine COMAT is anything like the 134 COMBANK FM specific COMAT questions? I just did all of them and never have I been confronted with a more absurdly random mix of bogus vignettes and question choices since... the Comsae 105 lol please someone tell me this is not like the FM COMAT

Also, any idea if a 71% on the 134 COMBANK questions is in the safety zone for passing the test?

Thank you all
 
Does anyone know if the Family Medicine COMAT is anything like the 134 COMBANK FM specific COMAT questions? I just did all of them and never have I been confronted with a more absurdly random mix of bogus vignettes and question choices since... the Comsae 105 lol please someone tell me this is not like the FM COMAT

Also, any idea if a 71% on the 134 COMBANK questions is in the safety zone for passing the test?

Thank you all
134 is not enough, but the 71% sounds fine for passing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Comquest blows

haha see I felt that way about COMBANK... most of their explanations were similar to this: "well its the answer because its the answer"

I feel like it depends on the forms you get too, some of my classmates said COMQUEST was the best and others said COMBANK...

COMQUEST got me in the 95th percentile on each one... well COMQUEST and UWORLD
 
Last edited:
FM COMBANK was nothing like the COMAT. I did 4 days of the OME 'study schedule' and said i'd wing it. if anything, do the USPTF whatever guidelines part of the dorian FM deck and just coast on that. re-read the COMBANK explanations fully.

i got a 102 for what it's worth (57th percentile)