Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting to get really irritated about this. I understand that this is part of the deal with FM and some docs look down on it and make nasty comments but I am really over the rudeness.
When I was first asked by some advisors what I was going into and I told them I was going to go into family medicine they started the "why don't you do med-peds" song and dance. Like I hadn't looked into it, talked to residents, etc. I had already decided on family medicine--I wasn't ASKING them, I was TELLING them. There are a few other instances where I was told that I am "wasting my life" and once I got to the department of FM at my University life was better.
Ugh! Whatever. 🙄
/end rant
When I was first asked by some advisors what I was going into and I told them I was going to go into family medicine they started the "why don't you do med-peds" song and dance. Like I hadn't looked into it, talked to residents, etc. I had already decided on family medicine--I wasn't ASKING them, I was TELLING them. There are a few other instances where I was told that I am "wasting my life" and once I got to the department of FM at my University life was better.
Ugh! Whatever. 🙄
/end rant