Family physician in Canada

Started by jok200
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jok200

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I starting my paperwork for CPSO at this time but, I have been a bit confused about the restricted vs. unrestricted license thing ?
Seems like if I do a year of observership in the family clinic I'm only allowed to practice family medicine clinic when the year concludes? I also want to do walk-in clinic so I wasn't sure if I needed another year for that or is it included in family clinic ? I really don't want to take the MCC 1 and 2 at this point.


Thanks guys
 
I starting my paperwork for CPSO at this time but, I have been a bit confused about the restricted vs. unrestricted license thing ?
Seems like if I do a year of observership in the family clinic I'm only allowed to practice family medicine clinic when the year concludes? I also want to do walk-in clinic so I wasn't sure if I needed another year for that or is it included in family clinic ? I really don't want to take the MCC 1 and 2 at this point.


Thanks guys

Just answered your question in another thread re:CPSO restricted vs. unrestricted. Walk ins would be included as experience, but the main sticking point is needing a preceptor if you have a restricted license.