Family physician in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jok200

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I starting my paperwork for CPSO at this time but, I have been a bit confused about the restricted vs. unrestricted license thing ?
Seems like if I do a year of observership in the family clinic I'm only allowed to practice family medicine clinic when the year concludes? I also want to do walk-in clinic so I wasn't sure if I needed another year for that or is it included in family clinic ? I really don't want to take the MCC 1 and 2 at this point.

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I starting my paperwork for CPSO at this time but, I have been a bit confused about the restricted vs. unrestricted license thing ?
Seems like if I do a year of observership in the family clinic I'm only allowed to practice family medicine clinic when the year concludes? I also want to do walk-in clinic so I wasn't sure if I needed another year for that or is it included in family clinic ? I really don't want to take the MCC 1 and 2 at this point.

Thanks guys

Just answered your question in another thread re:CPSO restricted vs. unrestricted. Walk ins would be included as experience, but the main sticking point is needing a preceptor if you have a restricted license.

Reactions: 1 user