Fantasy or reality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to vote for highly unlikely. But I'm a first-year, so what do I know?

Wait a second...were the two girls naked too?

I guess grammar skills are something else this guy's hard at.

it's a loaded question. it is NOT normal for a doctor to use a male patient to explain anatomy to another young female onlooker. This is just not appropriate or regular practice. Anatomy can be explained with books or even wikipedia. However it IS completely normal/fine for someone to get excited, and doctors have a responsibility to act professionally.

it's a loaded question. it is NOT normal for a doctor to use a male patient to explain anatomy to another young female onlooker. This is just not appropriate or regular practice. Anatomy can be explained with books or even wikipedia. However it IS completely normal/fine for someone to get excited, and doctors have a responsibility to act professionally.

what do you find so inappropriate about having someone shadow a physical exam with the patient's permission?

what do you find so inappropriate about having someone shadow a physical exam with the patient's permission?

The way the patient says it was explained to him sounds fishy. I can't see the doctor saying "you signed something before so now this girl can watch the exam." In my experience they would ask before she came in if it was ok and then prior the genital exam ask again. Also, there is no way the doctor would start answering a 10th graders anatomy and physio questions by pointing at an exposed patients genitals.

The way the patient says it was explained to him sounds fishy. I can't see the doctor saying "you signed something before so now this girl can watch the exam." In my experience they would ask before she came in if it was ok and then prior the genital exam ask again. Also, there is no way the doctor would start answering a 10th graders anatomy and physio questions by pointing at an exposed patients genitals.

its utterly inappropriate practice, but i wouldnt be the least bit surprised if it actually turned out to be true.

I agree, the patient's explanation is coming from the perspect of someone who isn't sure what's being explained or why there is someone with the doctor watching. It's pretty clear he's describing someone shadow a physical exam. To say it's inappropriate to have someone shadow a physical exam is to say using patients as teaching tools is inappropriate. May as well just get rid of residency then and have everyone be docs after 2nd year med school.

Not something any doctor would ever do with a 16 year old girl. A 21 year old pre-med shadowing... maybe. But still ******ed if there's no pathology.