FAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DonnieDarko11

Reaction score
I plan on taking the MCAT next summer when should I apply for FAP. I live in a single income household with 2 younger siblings and my mom doesn’t make over 50k a year, would I be eligible for it?

Members don't see this ad.

Apply now, since is good until December 2021, and if this is your first time you will get a lot of free prep stuff. Best wishes.

If I submit my primary application via AMCAS for ONLY ONE SCHOOL for the purposes of getting my application processed and pay the amount due, BUT THEN FILE my FAP and get approved later on, will I still have 20 primary application fees waived via the FAP? Essentially I'll pay for the first school, but would like to have the fee waiver kick in for the future schools that I apply to after receiving my MCAT score. I imagine this is how it works since they say benefits are not retroactive, so I'll just pay for the one school to process my application in the mean time, and then use the benefits for the other 20 schools I plan on applying to. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I submit my primary application via AMCAS for ONLY ONE SCHOOL for the purposes of getting my application processed and pay the amount due, BUT THEN FILE my FAP and get approved later on, will I still have 20 primary application fees waived via the FAP? Essentially I'll pay for the first school, but would like to have the fee waiver kick in for the future schools that I apply to after receiving my MCAT score. I imagine this is how it works since they say benefits are not retroactive, so I'll just pay for the one school to process my application in the mean time, and then use the benefits for the other 20 schools I plan on applying to. Thank you.
The 20 schools are only good for one application cycle, if you only apply to 1 school this cycle with an approved FAP you will be wasting the or the 19, and would have to reapply for fap again next spring in order to get the 20 free applications again. The discounted MCAT does last for the whole 1.5 year term, keep in mind that MCAT has a 7 test lifetime limit, and I believe FAP a 3 times limit, and the free MCAT prep are only given on your first one (FAP).

The 20 schools are only good for one application cycle, if you only apply to 1 school this cycle with an approved FAP you will be wasting the or the 19, and would have to reapply for fap again next spring in order to get the 20 free applications again. The discounted MCAT does last for the whole 1.5 year term, keep in mind that MCAT has a 7 test lifetime limit, and I believe FAP a 3 times limit, and the free MCAT prep are only given on your first one (FAP).
I believe you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. What I’m saying is before I even get approved for the Fee assistance program if I submit my primary application to only one school and pay for it out-of-pocket and THEN I get approved for the fee assistance program, will I be able to use it towards the remaining 19 schools or will I not be able to use it since I already submitted my primary application for that one school before being approved?

I believe you’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. What I’m saying is before I even get approved for the Fee Assistance program if I submit my primary application to only one school and pay for it out-of-pocket and THEN I get approved for the fee assistance program, will I be able to use it towards the remaining 19 schools or will I not be able to use it since I already submitted my primary application for that one school before being approved?
If you pay for one before once you get approved you will still have 20 free schools as your benefit is not retroactive so whatever you pay for before is not refunded... also if you want to apply to more than 20 after you get the FAP, you will just need to pay the $40 per school beyond the 20. etc