FAQ's!!!!

Started by A1cfox21
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A1cfox21

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All,

I'm primarily interested in medicine but have kept my eye open to other health care related fields and have found some to be very appealling. Most of the other forums have FAQ's for general information on their respective fields. Any chance someone here can start one here? I know I'd like to get information on the different types of OD practices and what they actually do procedure-wise. Anyone?
 
A1cfox21 said:
All,

I'm primarily interested in medicine but have kept my eye open to other health care related fields and have found some to be very appealling. Most of the other forums have FAQ's for general information on their respective fields. Any chance someone here can start one here? I know I'd like to get information on the different types of OD practices and what they actually do procedure-wise. Anyone?

Here's a good FAQ. Has everything you need to know about opt.
http://www.opted.org/info_faq.cfm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard there are efforts underway to get surgical privileges for Optometrists. This sounds pretty interesting. Anyone have any info. or thoughts on this?
 
A1cfox21 said:
I've heard there are efforts underway to get surgical privileges for Optometrists. This sounds pretty interesting. Anyone have any info. or thoughts on this?

lots of effort, little result, i doubt it would happen. i personally did opt b/c i didnt want to do surgery. but i guess having the option of doing surgery isnt so bad, but then again, that is the opth's job.